00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Hjojshfufososjdhxh just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,376 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-15 10:47:55

have you all seen the new honor guard models - i just saw them on the games workshop website.
they look awesome - cant wait to get my hands on them

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-15 14:56:42

Well there have been plenty of posts on this thread Go Eldar!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 04:06:16

Anyone else got a strange and creeping sense of impending doom? i've stashed a boltpistol under the kitchen sink, just in case.

Having been unable to accquire a proper imperial priest for my guard command squad, i decided to use an Inquisitor's henchman model. A speccy dude with a book and big flaming torch. That'll do nicely...

Anyone got any idea when we'll start seeing some more new Imperial guard stuff? Wonderful as i'm sure the genetically altered uber-men are, the massed rank and file deserve more cool stuff. It's us who are in those bloody trenches day in, day out, and i'm sick and tired of bloody tanks falling over, and cadian pattern kit that's as good as a thong, come winter. Were's my vox caster, i'm giving the planetary governer an ear-full... (Rant, mutter, rave)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 05:17:18

ACHTUNG!

This fall will see the release of a Dawn of War add-on featuring a new single player campaign and a fifth race! The fifth race will be the Imperial Guard, complete with Baneblade tanks.

Forge World is right now releasing over priced Elysian drop troopers, which just look dead sexy. This summer would see the release of Tallarn plastics / resins, either by GW or Forge World. And this summer we will see the official release of a Lt. Kage mini. But this May the Tyranids are most likely getting their new codex released.

Must go now before Sensei grabs me and sacrifices me to the Numen!

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 05:27:08

At 4/24/03 03:42 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: I come with a cry of help. I feel the need for Warhammer and 40K players to unite, to put aside the petty rivals between our armies and unite!

I WOULD LIKE TO JOIN YOUR AWESOME CLUB!!

It sounds like its teh awesomeness, so whaddya say, can I joinz?
I have lots and lots of stuff.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 07:24:33

can l join l use house rules a lot and l send the websites up so people can go on them

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 07:31:30

anyone here know the website for the 100 best unoffical games workshop website cos l forgot what it was

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-16 11:42:02

http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com
this is hilarious - a true 40K gem

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 00:04:43

At 2/16/05 05:17 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: ACHTUNG

Ok... I'm listening

This fall will see the release of a Dawn of War add-on featuring a new single player campaign and a fifth race! The fifth race will be the Imperial Guard, complete with Baneblade tanks.

My friend was correct. But.. wouldn't it be awsome if Tyranids were involved. I can just see the mycetic spores now.

Forge World is right now releasing over priced Elysian drop troopers, which just look dead sexy.

will the chapter approved rules still apply? in which case do they still need permission to be used?
:This summer would see the release of Tallarn plastics / resins, either by GW or Forge World. And this summer we will see the official release of a Lt. Kage mini.
You lucky IG players
:But this May the Tyranids are most likely getting their new codex released.
I am a recently started Tyranids player hope the rules are still good for me ( I would still accept changes to rules such as shoot the big ones but with out taking leadership test.) I hope monstourous creatures are still powerful plus i can still field 4 in a 500pt army and in other battles, be able to use old one eye with out opponents permission.

Must go now before Sensei grabs me and sacrifices me to the Numen!

there could be worse, you could be grabbed and forced into a life of touture by the Dark Eldar

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 00:09:16

Sorry but the formatting of the last post did not go as planned.

I'm lucky Commisar Vaak just got eaten by a lictor hiding in the bushes or i would of been executed.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 07:46:15

The Elysians will ahve their own new rules in Imperial Armour 3 - The Taros Campaign which will be published by Forge World this summer if not mistaken.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 09:32:40

here is my ultramarines force as it now stands.
could you guys please give me a few pointers as to what i should be getting - i will be a honour guard for each tactical squad and my command squad when they come out. i want an aggressive force as you can probably tell - oh and i will be getting a vindicator soon.

Captain (145pts)
lightning claw, plasma pistol, iron halo, purity seals and terminator honours.

command squad (190pts)
veteran sergeant (50pts)
powerfist, bolt pistol and purity seals
company champion (50pts)
power weapon, combat sheild, bolt pistol and terminator honours
Apothecary (40pts)
N+R and bolt pistol
marine with plasma gun (25pts)
marine with melta gun (25pts)

Chaplain-reclusiarch (106pts)
C-Arcanum, rosarius, bolt pistol, purity seals and terminator honours.

Tactical squad 1 (165pts)
vet sergeant (55pts)
power weapon, plasma pistol and purity seals
marine with plasma gun (25pts)
marine with missile launcher (20pts)
4 x marines with bolters (60pts)

Tactical squad 2 (146pts)
vet sergeant (45pts)
power weapon, bolt pistol and purity seals
marine with flamer (21pts)
marine with heavy bolter (20pts)
4 x marines with bolters

Tactical squad 3 (165pts)
vet sergeant (50pts)
powerfist, bolt pistol and purity seals
marine with melta gun (25pts)
6 x marines with bolters (90pts)

TOTAL: 917pts

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 10:15:27

At 2/16/05 05:17 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: ACHTUNG!

FINA-FUCKING-LY! The Hexen 1st will finally take to the fore to crush the foes of the Emperor!

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 10:20:11

At 2/11/05 07:11 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Dark Angels suck

I take offence to that! Dark Angels get all the stuff Codex chapters get, plus the option for their bikers and Speeders with assult cannons to have jinx saves, the slightly better than average Deathwing terminators and the super cool Sword of Secrets and stuff with Strength 6 power weapon blows! Not only that, Dark Angels get to take Plasma Cannons in their tactical squads!

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 10:31:20

Current Space Marine force:

Imperial Guardians (Dark Angels Successor chapter 3rd Founding)

HQ

Chapter Master:
(Grand Master stats)
Luthius Exetor
Plasmagun-bolter combi weapon
Sword of Secrets
Iron helm (Lion Helm rules)
Artificer Armour

Master of the 4th
(Captain, used in smaller battles)
Michael Barvium
Storm Bolter
Power Weapon
Terminator Honours

Troops:

Tactical squad Bravo
Vt. Sergeant Broth
Plasma Pistol
Power Fist

1 Marine with M.Launcher
1 Marine with Flamer.

7x Bolters

Frag+krak Grenades

Tactical Squad Delta
Sergeant Nero
Bolt Pistol
Chainsword

1 Marine with M.Launcher
1 Marine with Flamer

7x Bolters

Frag+ Krak grenades

Heavy Support:

Devastator Sqaud Gamma
Sergeant Thomas
Bolt Pistol
Chainsword

1 Marine with Lascannon

1 Marine with Plasma Cannon

1 Marine with M.Launcher

1 Marine with H.Bolter

1x Bolter
Transport:
Razorback "Irrifutable"
Twin linked Heavy Bolters, Smoke Launcers, Pintle mounted Storm bolter+Hunter Killer Missle

Land Raider "Invincible"
Standard Pattern
Smoke Launchers
Pintle mounted Storm Bolter
Hunter Killer Missle.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 13:07:59

At 2/17/05 10:20 AM, Lord_IndustrialDarth wrote:
At 2/11/05 07:11 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Dark Angels suck
I take offence to that! Dark Angels get all the stuff Codex chapters get, plus the option for their bikers and Speeders with assult cannons to have jinx saves, the slightly better than average Deathwing terminators and the super cool Sword of Secrets and stuff with Strength 6 power weapon blows! Not only that, Dark Angels get to take Plasma Cannons in their tactical squads!

1) Don't triple or even double post again. It tends to not make a nice impression on people.
2) I was a Space Wolves player. My friend played as Dark Angels. I beat him every time. I now play as Space Wolves in Dawn of War.
3) I know about Deathwing and Ravenguard, I don't care. Nor do I care about the shit their tactical squads get. Nothing is cooler than a venerable drednaught being your force commander. Especially is said drednaught is Bjorn Thunderfist, the oldest living drednaught in the imperium. He fought alongside Russ and the emperor as a blood claw.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 14:34:04

Could you two please cut the Lion and the Wolf bullshit!

This is the third time two fuckholes start shouting about which chapter is better, you both get along or both get lost. This crew has been set up with no such animosity in mind, but it pains me that idiots still fucking complain about the 'Lion and the Wolf'.

No more of this 'I am better then you!' crap, keep things friendly for Haines sake!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 14:41:45

anyone have any pointers for my force?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 14:49:46

At 2/16/05 11:42 AM, 6ticks wrote: http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com

Yeah, this was posted a while back, I since found this: http://exterminatusnow.keenspace.com

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 15:09:52

At 2/17/05 02:49 PM, -Minothor- wrote:
At 2/16/05 11:42 AM, 6ticks wrote: http://www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com
Yeah, this was posted a while back, I since found this: http://exterminatusnow.keenspace.com

is that pr0n?
this is my mums comp and it has norton childlock thing - and itsays its pr0n

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 16:56:04

At 2/17/05 02:34 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: No more of this 'I am better then you!' crap, keep things friendly for Haines sake!

Alright, I'll stop. I was only viewing it as friendly banter and not a serious "My dad can beat up your dad!" type thing, but if you want it stopped, I'll stop. The rules are designed to make everything balanced anyway, so really which is "better" is just a matter of personal opinion and game style.

About the add-on to Dawn of War, patch, or expansion set? Probably an expansion set, so they can make more money. New campaign is cool, and 5th race is cool. I'm kinda anoyed by it being Imperial Guard, I never really liked them. I suppose it would be the logical army what their troops appearing in the campaign and all...but.... I would've preferred Tau or Dark Eldar. Although Tyranids and Necrons (do they still exist WH40K?) would've been cool too.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 17:02:59

anyone here use house rules cos l post some if anyone does

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-17 23:44:35

At 2/17/05 04:56 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Tyranids and Necrons (do they still exist WH40K?)

How can they not exist?(You even get tyranids in the rulebook boxed set)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 00:57:12

At 2/17/05 11:44 PM, RasberryCoke wrote:
At 2/17/05 04:56 PM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
Tyranids and Necrons (do they still exist WH40K?)
How can they not exist?(You even get tyranids in the rulebook boxed set)

My question was related to the Necrons. They have a tendency to be there for one version and gone the next. And I'm not up to date with the rules. I hae no one to play against, and no time to build models, so I don't bother with it.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 06:15:18

Well, no need to cry for the bugs and bots, as they are making come backs this year!

The Canadian summer campaign will revolve around the Necrons and Eldar in soemthing about the Talismans of Vaul.

The Tyranids will get their new codex this May! One of the cooler rules is that lesser broods (Horma-, Termagaunts and Gargoyles) have the sustained assault rule now. So when a squad is competely wiped out, it is 'respawned' as a new wave of that immense horde of bugs.

That and Synaps creatures, while dead, can still somehow exert the will of the Hivemind. Gribbly if you ask me!

But I for one can't wait for these new surprises.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 12:33:25

At 2/17/05 03:09 PM, 6ticks wrote: is that pr0n?
this is my mums comp and it has norton childlock thing - and itsays its pr0n

No, I can't access the latest comic from the school comp either, it's cos they swear a lot and such. The school comp says "Weighted Phrase Limit Exceeded" I seriously need to find a way to get round the proxy server, won't let me visit newgrounds or even any MSN groups page with swear words on!!!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 12:51:45

Haza! One completey insane and totally wacko idea No 345 Completed: A Samurai Imperial Guard commander. =P

Wacko idea No 346:

Land Raider with working lights and crap (Yet to even get started)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 14:37:34

At 2/18/05 12:51 PM, Lord_IndustrialDarth wrote:
Wacko idea No 346:

Land Raider with working lights and crap (Yet to even get started)

i remember seeing a golden demon chimera with working lights a while back.

i just changed my commander to the following profile:

bolt pistol, lightning claw, purity seals and terminator honours

thats a 39pts price drop that will help go towards a new vindicator

again any help on my army would be helpfully

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-18 18:54:37

At 2/18/05 12:51 PM, Lord_IndustrialDarth wrote: Land Raider with working lights and crap (Yet to even get started)

theres actually a guy who made a working remote controlled
Land Raider. you could move the treads and the sponsons and the twinlinked heavy bolters.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 05:06:08

About the add-on to Dawn of War, patch, or expansion set? Probably an expansion set, so they can make more money. New campaign is cool, and 5th race is cool. I'm kinda anoyed by it being Imperial Guard, I never really liked them.

Bound to be an expansion. I can't wait for some delicious imperial goodness, tanks a plenty, so some more open maps preferably, and a few more city maps would go well. God i can't wait, commissarrs, sentinels, stormtroopers, yarrick, it'll be imperial goodly! though a few more races would hve ben nice. nids would be god for a bit of starship trooper action