00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Reviewers Club

111,898 Views | 2,124 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-19 23:47:59

lately I have been putting thought into my reviews... Can I join?

Hi.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-20 11:12:49

At 3/19/06 07:04 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: 100% of my reviews (in my prime) were for flashes under 1,000kb. And they were always in the recent 50.

I now usually try and review smaller flashes with a filesize of less than 1MB. It's so the flash shouldn't be very long and I can spend less time watching flashes and maybe able to make more reviews.

At 3/19/06 07:08 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: You're doing well.

Indeed I am. Maybe in less than a months time, I will have 1000 reviews. If I could make around 40 - 50 reviews each week, I could get there very quick. Hey, Easter holidays are coming, so maybe I could try and get myself to write around 100 - 200 reviews in a week. :)

Good stuff man.

Thanks Marcus!

So bahamut you're aiming to grab a screenshot of you having 1,000 reviews and 500 responses, eh?

Fuck yeah! And don't worry, I should get the 1k reviews/.5k responses at the same time as long as I just slow down once I reach around 990 reviews/490 responses. There, I have to be careful with what I review incase I screw up on my response rate. I could just get someone to respond to 5 of my reviews when I get very close to 500 responses and then review flashes that won't get me any responses at all.

Are you going to stop completely there? Or keep going?

I should keep going. I should be the 20th user on NG to get 1k for all stats and I could be the 7th user to get 2k on all stats if I keep reviewing once I reach 1k.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-21 08:48:44

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (329) -- With Responses Only (104)

I finally got passed 102 responses, it must´ve been about a month since I got my 102nd. Anyway, I´m getting close to 333 reviews. Not really a great milestone, but a nice one still. Maybe I´ll get there within a week, I don´t have that much to do anyway. And I still hope to get to 400 before the summer, but with my current pace I don´t think I´m gonna make it...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-21 11:43:20

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (812) -- With Responses Only (401)

Yesterday, I was at 401 responses until I lost 3 reviews since BBQbeefburgerman's delete flashes were deleted. :( So 3 responses lost as well, but luckily, I got 3 more responses and made 5 more reviews to recover from the minor loss on reviews and responses.

And Auz, get to 333!

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-21 19:39:52

I was reviewing reviews and one review was too long. As it's a special review though (the original review, I mean), I felt my review deserved to be posted here, in its entirety.

I hold this up as an example of brilliance.

By the way, if someone feels like it, they could write a quick 2-3 line review of my review of Marcus' review.

Maybe then someone could review their review of my review of Marcus' review. Maybe it could become like a Reviewers' club chain letter, of sorts. And maybe once everyone had done it, Marcus could review (the review of)^20 his review.

Anyway, below is my review of Marcus' review.

On 26/Jan/06, M-A-R-C-U-S- wrote (in a review):

Man, that was fun...

++: summarises review accurately
++: encouraging
+: nice lead into review

On the technical side of things, this is junk. :)

+: somewhat vague criticism
+: a smiley face
-: but the smiley face isn't needed
+: but you use it because you're you

But after you start playing for a while and come to appreciate the different aspects of the game, and the effort you've put in to it, you can play it for ages!

+: encouragement

I personally didn't mind the fact that it had crappy graphics and no sound right from the get-go, as I prefer a simplistic game with no distractions compared to a visually stunning one that will detach your focus from the main point of the game - however this could have been a clever way to make the game harder :P haha.

++: implicit criticism
+: or is it praise?
-: I'm confused...
++: but you offer suggestions
+++: and implicitly point out the fact that there's many answers to one question...

Overall, I found it to be very enjoyable to play, and after around 10 games I was finding it very difficult to get to a score of beyond 1,100, as can be seen by my recently submitted scores.

+: praise
+: opinion on difficulty
++++: awesome exposition of play-experience

The graphics were indeed horrific, as this game contained a 4 lined border, a moving spot of vomit and coloured circles whizzing around everywhere.

++: 'vomit' - concisely sums up your opinion
+: listing of graphical elements
-/2: you forot the numbers and stats...
-: also, does their simplicity really make them horrible? I'd like some reiteration...

Now, I'm guessing that as the creator, you didn't really want the player to travel outside the border in which the 'food' (as I'll call it) moves, right? So maybe the addition of a little coding that decreased your score slowly if you travelled outside the box.

-/2: you guessed wrong
++++: interesting suggestion

I personally think it would've made the game needlessly complicated though. I don't mind folk moving out the box. It's just as a guide, and if you linger outside you risk being killed by a circle being born.

Anyways, you could've fancied the graphics up, simply by adding a bit more detail to the enemies (give them evil faces + big teeth, whatever), making the food more desirable looking rather than a moving pile of goo, and perhaps a light background just to give the feel that you're playing a well-made game automatically, rather than having to figure it out for yourself :P

++: wittily implied praise
+++: suggestion for 'improved' graphics

The fact that there was no audio wasn't too bad, as this game didn't really need it, but I do have one suggestion. Because the shape of the 'food' wasn't totally solid, sometimes you would hover around the outsides (thinking that you were on it) without your score increasing. My suggestion would be that you insterted perhaps a small humming sound (nothing annoying, hopefully) when the mouse was on the food, to let you know you were indeed gaining score.

++++: interesting suggestion
++++: clearly explained problem

Side note - incidentally, I had a similar idea at one point... but instead of humming, it'd be lightly played music. But I didn't (and still don't) know the AS.

The interactivity of this game was great, in my opinion. It starts off relatively easy, and a little annoying because you're wanting to piss the little circles off from hovering around you, and it gets a lot harder and ofcourse maxes out when you reach 1,000 points.

+++++: a real insight into your thoughts whilst playing
+: observation re: 1k pts

This was all well and good, and had me struck for my first few games when trying to maneuver myself around the playing field.

+++: more insight.
--: I don't know what you mean by 'struck'
-: did you mean 'stuck'?

Eventually it hit me - I was indeed controlling my enemies... apart from the crazy little circles who were just fucking mad and all over the place :P

+++: implicit praise in obvious appreciation of mechanics.
--: which crazy little circles? You could have mentioned their shade...

You technically control them all. They all home towards you, just with different acceleration and top speed.

So strategy came into this game, too, which was excellent for me, because it kept me thinking, and ultimately playing.

+: more exposition of experience
++: specific praise.

All in all, this game is excellent, and it's sad to see you haven't remade it in the 2.5 years since it was made. I'd encourage you (and hopefully your more expansive knowledge, by now) to enhance and re-make this game, as it is excellent and played often still to this day.

++++: encouragement

I've made a vow. I won't release (online) any more versions of Skears or games resembling Skears (as this does) until I've made (and released online) at least 100 games which aren't much at all like Skears.

Great game dude, very nice work :D

++: summarises opinions well
+: more encouragement
++: smileys help highlight your encouragement.

(note: I rank these 3 aspects in the following order from most to least important to me in a review.)
constructive criticism/suggestions: 9
exposition of experience: 9
praise/encouragement: 10

clarity of expression: 9
elaboration & being specific: 10
coverage (how much): 10

overall: 9

I thought long and hard about giving this a 10. It was close.

My main reason for giving this a 9 is simply because for something you rate 6, you surely have more complaints to make? I'd specifically be interested in how you think the gameplay could be improved.

Basically, I'm being slightly greedy.

But thanks so much - for taking the time and effort to compose your thoughts, tell me of your experiences and write such a brilliant review.

It was both somewhat uplifting and had good suggestions.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-21 20:08:56

At 3/19/06 11:47 PM, the_emu wrote: lately I have been putting thought into my reviews... Can I join?

I looked at your last 15 reviews and would give most in the most recent page a '5' out of 10.

They seem to generally have some praise and criticism and are fairly clear, which is all good.

If you want to improve your reviews though, I suggest getting a bit more specific and elaborating if your message is vague.

Make a point of always including at least one piece of constructive criticism and they'll be fine.

Also, try breaking up the review into multiple paragraphs. Just for readability.

Just my thoughts though. Feel free to ignore if you wish.

As for your question, I'm unable to answer that.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-22 00:04:11

Bezman's response:
I give the review the following arbitrarily chosen title:
A Masterpiece of Encouragement.
Stay funky,
- Bez

Sweet.

I enjoyed the game, thought I'd get a little more specific with the review than most others.
Thanks for the positive feedback on my positive feedback :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-22 11:00:05

At 3/19/06 11:47 PM, the_emu wrote: lately I have been putting thought into my reviews... Can I join?

Oh yeah, forgot to reply to you. Welcome! Well, other than that, I'm still at the same reviews and responses. Maybe if I'm bothered to, I'll make a review or 2 today.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-22 11:28:19

At 3/19/06 11:35 AM, Bezman wrote: Review -Kraken-'s review of wastedwizard's review of GravTurret. And also review tiny portions of wastedwizard's review of GravTurret.

You always have to be one step forward, don't you? ;-)
Anyway, I want to believe that the fact that you are reviewing my review of review is good.

Very true

Yay! Bezman agrees with me.

Is it? Is it really? Well, yes, I suppose it is, in some ways. If I wanted to be pernickety (and obviously I do in this instance), I'd say that 'a bit addictive' is a horrible phrase. It seems wrong to measure qualities such as fun, addictivity and such in portions. Imagine if we were to say, 'it is 3/4 addictive'. Surely it's better to say, 'it's somewhat addictive'.

Ok, whatever you say.

I think Kraken should have considered pointing that out, for bonus _pedanticBastard_ points.

Oh damnit! How could I have missed the _pedanticBastard_ bonus point?! *hitting my head with a bat*.

But I shall let Kraken continue and retire from such obvious pedantry.

Thank you you kind man with a lot of mercy.

Sorry. Last bit of pedantry. I think you needed to use quotation marks up there. You maybe should have written, "Firstly, by, 'the graphics were decent',". I'll let you continue.

Thank you, I hope that next time I will remember that >:-(

Examples. Nice.

Thank you.

very true and a good point.

Thank you again, kind sir.

Stuff

Sorry, no time to respond the rest now, I will ust jump to the end.

Overall, it was a good review of a review.

I am glad you liked my review of a review.

There were a few small English mistakes and in a couple of instances you lost out on _pedanticBastard_ points. Also, you didn't use the bonus word of the moment.

Well, I always have a few English mistakes, but as long as my English is understandable, and I assume it is since you understood what I have said. Next time I will try to use the word stupendous, this could be a bonus word, if it is not misspelled.

However, there was a lot of great feedback - good cc and positive comments - and you explained yourself thoroughly in nearly all cases.

Yayz, I sense a good grade coming...

9/10

You have made me the happiest man in my room right now.
Seriously.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-24 03:18:39

Back from my week long vegas vacation, now i can get started once again on some reviews and stuff...

On another note i noticed that this club has some really good postings which makes it look really good glad to see we can post good aswell as review :)

OK now for some catcing up on this club...

At 3/12/06 02:22 PM, Bahamut- wrote: Umm, I meant 1000 for each stat, I'm not talking about just reviews, all 5 stats.

Did i hear someone say something about 1000 in all 5 stats :)

At 3/20/06 11:12 AM, Bahamut- wrote: I should keep going. I should be the 20th user on NG to get 1k for all stats and I could be the 7th user to get 2k on all stats if I keep reviewing once I reach 1k.

Did someone say 2k in all 5 stats, i likes the sound of that hehe...

Welcome to the club, with ideas of to review better is always a plus for any reviewer, so welcome, and review review and review again hehe...

At 3/19/06 07:04 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: XwaynecoltX's prime, you ask?
X has done around 80 maybe.

i put it in 3 years

1st 10-20 a day
2nd 60-90 a day (A few hundred days) best=108
3rd 10-15

and if this is my 4th year its been 0-10 (Bad sign) maybe tired :(

ill change that though more reviewing coming up the rest of this year, maybe 10-20...

At 3/19/06 10:48 AM, Bezman wrote: Heya folks. I'm back, for anyone who cares.

Welcome back...

I also think we should have links to our dead submissions in our profile, haunting us forever.

I would love that idea, i know i have atleast one, way before ghostmotel days heh...

At 3/18/06 12:04 PM, Bahamut- wrote: » View Your Flash Portal Reviews (800) -- With Responses Only (389)

800 CONGRATS just 200 away now, keep on reviewing...

At 3/17/06 11:48 AM, Bahamut- wrote: I avoid reviewing UJ flashes incase the flash gets blammed.

Im like that, ifact like i told MARCUS, i have a few folders that i always add movies that i wish to review, and i just review from those folders...

At 3/15/06 02:28 PM, Major_punk wrote: I'm in my prime. I feel like I can do 10 a day without getting tired of it. ^_^

Im not in my prime anymore or im just lazy hehe, i can imagine 5-10 still a day but i have plans of abit more based on what i get done durring the day and all...

At 3/13/06 02:40 PM, wastedwizard wrote: Well i got 50 reviews over the weekend

Congrats, thats a nice number to go for the weekend it reminds me of my better days, anyways keep up the decent reviewing...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-24 11:25:42

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (814) -- With Responses Only (402)

2 reviews made and 1 response gained. Not bad.

At 3/24/06 03:18 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Back from my week long vegas vacation, now i can get started once again on some reviews and stuff...

Yay, welcome back ~X~! :D

Did i hear someone say something about 1000 in all 5 stats :)

Yes you did, but I know that's probably a joke compared to you having 10k for all stats.

Did someone say 2k in all 5 stats, i likes the sound of that hehe...

Yes I did. Heh, as long as I keep reviewing, there should be no one else that should get 2k for all stats.

800 CONGRATS just 200 away now, keep on reviewing...

Thanks! And I will keep reviewing. I must! Good thing the Easter holidays are coming up.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-25 16:58:08

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (1,000) -- With Responses Only (306)

Hooray! If you read some of my newer reviews you can see I'm taking on a style similar to what X is doing, however if he doesn't mind, I'll probably start using the same format as he is seeing how it would really improve my reviewing from here on out.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-25 18:29:48

At 3/25/06 04:58 PM, milinko959 wrote: Hooray! If you read some of my newer reviews you can see I'm taking on a style similar to what X is doing, however if he doesn't mind, I'll probably start using the same format as he is seeing how it would really improve my reviewing from here on out.

LOL

I supose if thats what you wish to do...

At 3/24/06 11:25 AM, Bahamut- wrote: Yay, welcome back ~X~! :D

Thanks...

At 3/24/06 03:29 AM, FlashSpark wrote: Greetings, have you fellows got room for one more keen reviewer?

There is always room for new reviewers, may your experienc here help you improve on reviewing and help others...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-25 18:41:53

Hey everyone! Sorry for my long absense (a LOT has come up lately). Anyway, here are my updated stats:

Your Flash Portal Reviews -- 346

With Responses Only -- 71

Response Rate -- 20.5%

I FINALLY HIT 20%!!

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-26 10:41:42

At 3/25/06 04:58 PM, milinko959 wrote: » View Your Flash Portal Reviews (1,000) -- With Responses Only (306)

BIG CONGRATS ON 1000 REVIEWS! And since you're the 19th user to get 1k for all stats, I should be the next user to get 1k for all stats. :) However...

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (826) -- With Responses Only (407)

12 reviews made and 5 responses gained. Not good at all, but then, NG crashed and I did review some flashes I know I wasn't going to get a response for. Well, some things got in my way yesterday and today, I won't bother making any reviews today.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-26 11:41:48

Ok, I haven't reviewed in a very long time, and I will probably not get to 650 reviews by the end of the month. However, next month there is a huge vacation of more than 2 weeks, and I hope that I can get some reviews done then.
Until then, I am still waiting for many artists to respond to my reviews, mostly TheShirke...

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-26 12:17:24

wow I'm 19th? thats pretty cool, i would have thought there is more.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-28 19:21:11

At 3/26/06 12:17 PM, milinko959 wrote: wow I'm 19th? thats pretty cool, i would have thought there is more.

Congrats on #19, i just took a look at your review style its good the way you got it going. anyways keep on reviewiewing...

At 3/25/06 06:41 PM, -Mitsubishi- wrote: Hey everyone! Sorry for my long absense (a LOT has come up lately).

Welcome back ya i have not seen you in awhile, so welcome back, seems like you have improved om review stats somewhat...

How is everyone elses reviewing??

Mine is doing good, im averging about 15 a day sometimes abit more...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-28 19:55:18

At 3/28/06 07:21 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: Mine is doing good, im averging about 15 a day sometimes abit more...

Ouch...oh man, I'm averaging, like 3 a day, 5 if I'm lucky. Its gonna be especially hard 2morrow....damn Literacy Test.....

Sig provided by HellboundNinja

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-28 20:11:14

I review like 5 to 10 a day .

-

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-29 10:04:37

At 3/28/06 07:21 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote: How is everyone elses reviewing??

No reviews made so far after the top 100 reviewers update, but I did gain 2 responses. :) I guess this week on average, I might make around 5 or 6 reviews. I think I can make over 30 reviews before the next update. More if I'm lucky.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-30 16:13:54

At 3/28/06 08:11 PM, Sepultura123 wrote: I review like 5 to 10 a day .

Thats a good start, you would be amazed at your progress if you stayed with that for awhile...

At 3/28/06 07:55 PM, -Mitsubishi- wrote: Ouch...oh man, I'm averaging, like 3 a day, 5 if I'm lucky. Its gonna be especially hard 2morrow....damn Literacy Test.....

I sorta have stopped as i have been lazy ill get back into it today though..

At 3/29/06 10:04 AM, __________________ wrote: No reviews made so far after the top 100 reviewers update, but I did gain 2 responses. :) I guess this week on average, I might make around 5 or 6 reviews. I think I can make over 30 reviews before the next update. More if I'm lucky.

ya this was a strange week for me, maybe because i been more sick then not, anyways good luck with the reviewing...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-03-31 23:32:18

At 3/19/06 07:04 PM, M-A-R-C-U-S wrote: I'm in my prime. I feel like I can do 10 a day without getting tired of it. ^_^
Good feeling, isn't it?

It was a good feeling, but I've been burned out for about 2 weeks now. Although I am still getting a few responses in pockets here and there so I'm not complaining.

My prime consisted of 20 reviews a day, for quite some time.

I could never handle that. I would have the time avaliable especially on Sundays but I just don't have the same 'drive' to review...

XwaynecoltX's prime, you ask?
You don't want to know, lol.

Haha, ya... it's pretty unbelievable.

God damn, I wish I wasn't at school anymore, with no responsibilities in my real life...
then, THEN I could seriously get back into this site... but my BBS activity and any other apart from gaining b/p is now restricted to school holidays.

But then after you've been deep into the site for too long, you wish you could go back...

At 3/19/06 10:48 AM, Bezman wrote:
Heya folks. I'm back, for anyone who cares.

Hey, welcome back.

first time we met?
So, yeah, everyone, please review and give me loads of constructive criticism.

I'll review them real soon, hopefully this weekend.

At 3/24/06 03:18 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
i put it in 3 years

1st 10-20 a day
3rd 10-15

Interesting, heh over 100 reviews in a single day might even be a record.
I remember the day when I had finally gotten more combined b/p points then your reviews and that really put how long it takes in a better perspective.

Sorry if are asked this often but do you have any final goals?

At 3/25/06 04:58 PM, milinko959 wrote:
» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (1,000) -- With Responses Only (306)

Nicely done. And fairly quickly too I might add. =)

Anyway:
» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (423) -- With Responses Only (278)

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-01 06:10:49

At 4/1/06 12:28 AM, FlashSpark wrote: I beleive I now hold the record for the longest review with the longest response. Check my most recent reviews to see it. If you know of any others that are longer with large responses let me know.

Lol, yes that´s pretty long, but check out Ppink_Ssoda´s reviews. His reviews were so long, he sometimes had to use his alt accounts to finish them.

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (331) -- With Responses Only (105)
Response Rate: 31.72%

Well only two more to go =)

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-01 07:34:23

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (1,034) -- With Responses Only (333)

Pretty slow week, but I did fairly well for the weekdays atleast.

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-02 11:52:20

» View Your Flash Portal Reviews (828) -- With Responses Only (414)

Good, back at 50% response rate again. Sorry, but that'll be it for my reviewing until the next top 100 reviewers update. April fools got in the way yesterday and I want to keep at a nice 50% response rate for Afro_Stud's next top 100 responses update.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-02 15:08:58

Alright, I got to 333 reviews just a few minutes ago =)

I also got in the top 2000 exp users today, but for some weird reason #1998 is the only rank that is not on the top 2000 users list (wtf?). Ow well, must be a glitch, I´ll check again tomorrow. Anyway, here´s a screenie for my 333th review:

The Reviewers Club

BBS Signature

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-03 11:00:49

At 4/2/06 03:08 PM, Auz wrote: Alright, I got to 333 reviews just a few minutes ago =)

About time you got to 333 reviews. Congrats on getting to 333 reviews. Not sure when you'll get to 400 reviews, but good luck on getting 400 reviews. :)

I also got in the top 2000 exp users today...

Too bad you're not on the list yet. However, congrats on getting to the top 2000 EXP. I recently got to the top 1000 EXP. :D

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-04 21:02:09

At 3/22/06 11:28 AM, -Kraken- wrote:
At 3/19/06 11:35 AM, Bezman wrote: Review -Kraken-'s review of wastedwizard's review of GravTurret. And also review tiny portions of wastedwizard's review of GravTurret.
You always have to be one step forward, don't you? ;-)
Anyway, I want to believe that the fact that you are reviewing my review of review is good.

Yes, it is good. I do honestly think, though, that someone should maybe review that review of your review of wastedwizard's review. Just a couple lines, score out of ten. Like I say, it could be our club chain-letter, kinda.

And theoretically, if someone reviewed a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of a review of my review of your review of wastedwizard's review, enough time would have passed that maybe the cycle could start again.

It'd be funny.

Overall, it was a good review of a review.
I am glad you liked my review of a review.

I also liked your comments on my review of your review of the review.

9/10
You have made me the happiest man in my room right now.
Seriously.

I'm glad.

At 3/24/06 03:18 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote: i put it in 3 years

1st 10-20 a day
3rd 10-15

ill change that though more reviewing coming up the rest of this year, maybe 10-20...

Interesting.

I'm guessing you've just got more stuff going on in your life now?

At 3/24/06 03:18 AM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 3/17/06 11:48 AM, Bahamut- wrote: I avoid reviewing UJ flashes incase the flash gets blammed.
Im like that, ifact like i told MARCUS, i have a few folders that i always add movies that i wish to review, and i just review from those folders...

So you don't review everything you watch?

Do you watch things then bookmark them to review later? Are most the links by request? Do you basically fill it with stuff you haven't got time to watch atm but want to watch later and then you review when watching?

Just curious...

At 4/1/06 12:28 AM, FlashSpark wrote: I beleive I now hold the record for the longest review with the longest response. Check my most recent reviews to see it. If you know of any others that are longer with large responses let me know.

Not specifically, but as already indicated, it's very probably not the longest. I possibly have one longer.

But of course, it's quality, not quantity, eh?

I find it very amusing to see how my reviewing skill has increase hugely since I first signed up. And yes I know-
59 reviews.
28 responses.
I'm writing more, I just don't write on e for every submission I see.

I realised recently that I was perhaps not spreading the love enough. As long as you make a couple of good points, you'll have maybe done the author a good service and I now think it's better to do a lot of good reviews than just one or two awesome ones. If you've sat and enjoyed a movie, it generally doesn't take all that long to just think and type something you liked and something that could be better.

Don't feel pressured into making every review incredibly thorough.

Anyway, your life; your rules.

I just feel like reviewing (when it's appreciated) is like giving back a little and either helping aspiring folk or letting folk I admire know their stuff was enjoyed.

Response to The Reviewers Club 2006-04-05 12:16:09

At 4/4/06 09:02 PM, Bezman wrote: I'm guessing you've just got more stuff going on in your life now?

Well work has been really busy this year, but reviews do take some time and can get tiresome at times...

So you don't review everything you watch?

Not really, allthough it may seem that way :(

Do you watch things then bookmark them to review later? Are most the links by request? Do you basically fill it with stuff you haven't got time to watch atm but want to watch later and then you review when watching?

Well i do save lots of different stuff, sometimes even just random films for the hell of it, alot of new artists and differrent stuff, depends what i look for that day, if people request, i put them in my folder for movies to review for the next time i review or something like that, kinda confusing i supose...

At 4/2/06 03:08 PM, Auz wrote: Alright, I got to 333 reviews just a few minutes ago =)

CONGRATS...

I also got in the top 2000 exp users today

Congrats again...

At 3/31/06 11:32 PM, Major_punk wrote: Interesting, heh over 100 reviews in a single day might even be a record.

Well i think CyberDevil did do about 200 or was it 300 in one day but they were 1-2 liners if i remember, it was interesting times...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

BBS Signature