00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tamer669 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,365 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-15 15:18:56

*Another day of teaching White Shields at the Schola. Though the job sucks ass big time, the pay's good and they have a great dental plan. I'm standing in front of a class of 15-16 year olds, most of whom have a more exciting life at night then daily.*

"Right class, tommorrow is a special day! We will have some special guests over who will tell about their experience with serving the Emperor. And I can already tell you that the guests will be very special!"

*Some of the students look excitied, while the most shout obsenities and such. Some throw pieces of paper and one even throws a helmet. One of them raises a hand.*

"Yes Carla?" She's a real, let me phrase this nicely, slut. She probably gave more head to traitors and teammates then sister charity on a visit to the hospital.

"Who will these 'special' guests be sir?"

"A yes, thats still a tad unknown to me, but I can say for certain that we'll have a visit from a veteran plasmagunner, Commissar Dorlas and some of humanities finest! Space Marines! (Foreshadowing!) Though I'm not quite sure if thats such a great idea..." Luckily I can hear the buzz of the servitor, meaning that class is over. "Don't remember to file and hand me Loyalty Classification Zeta and that report on killing Eldar! And Johnson! Don't give me that sick crap again with the adult entertainment you did with the Slaanesh!"

*As the one class files out another files in, this made up of students of a year older. They are even worse then the first class. They think their soo clever and smart. Gues who detemines where they get to serve! It aint me, but I'm a good friend of him. Maybe the Orks invaded Armageddon for a third time?*

"Hey old man! Teach me sum shit!" The others, who arent as drunk as the first join in. "Teach us something cool! Tell us a cool war story old man!"

Yah, they always call me old man...

"Allright you maggots! What do want to hear? Of the time that I got chewed up by a terminator? Or the time that I got beaten by a Tau? Or maybe, the time when I got beaten up by a girl! I've got the scars to prove it, so. What will it be?"

*As an global reaction they start laughing, figures. Thats what you get for telling the truth...*

"Sar! Tellz us about how the girl beat you up!"

"Sure thing drunko, just remember this, all I'm about to tell you is real and don't go crying or screaming at the end if it doesn't suit you."

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-15 15:38:09

i dant have many and im not exactly great but sure ill join

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-15 15:52:50

The wind whips me in the face as the scenery shoots by. My left thumb hovers over the activation rune of my chain sword, my right hand clenching my trusted stub revolver. Standing before me, six maybe seven meters away, is a ganger. Sure, a ganger you say. This one is feral, female and carries two short swords. Dumb bitch. Either she has a great sense of drama or a real death wish. “Harris, power up to 80%, I want to go faster.” A curt acknowledgement comes through my receiver as I raise my sidearm. With a scream she jumps forward, letting the momentum of the train faster. Before I could even react I was down.

Recap! What happened. The last thing I remember before lights out was that I was standing on a speeding train, repelling boarders, facing the possible leader and ordering the train to go even faster. So where am I now? I open my eyes and see the scenery flash by. Looking down I can see that I’m dangling half a meter above the ground. A sigh in relief, good thing I hooked on a safety line. But about my adversary. “Looking for something!” I look up and see her sawing through the safety line. I fire my gun once upwards to buy me some time. As she ducks away I turn and solidly place my feet against the side. I aim at the window and look away, better not to get blind from glass shards. I blow the window and drop in, feeling several sharp cuts across my face from the glass. I pull a shard out with my left hand. My sword! I was holding it in my left hand… Good going captain smarter! As I attempt to reach for my knife the revolver is kicked from my hand in a sudden blur of motion. It’s the bitch again. Unarmed this time. Idly standing there, laughing in mock at me, eyes playful.

I raise my fist and take a crude fighting stance. I’m doomed or in the best case I’ll get my ass kicked. She waves at me, ordering me to attack. I lunge forward, swinging a right fist forward. I hit air. She dodges and stands next to me. I try to elbow her, but fail miserably as she blocks it and punches me. I stagger backwards and try to raise my defence, but in avail. A flurry of punches hit my gut and chest followed by three kicks and a spin kick. The spin kick threw me backwards, sliding down the aisle to a halt. I try to reach for my belt.

Tigerlily walks over to the wretch she just beat. She laughed at the weakness of the officer. These men should be a real challenge most of the times, but he was weak, slow and pathetic. He’s out cold now, better tie him up quickly before he wakes up. She grabs him by the collar with both hands and bends over, looking at the closed eyes. “You’re weak…” The eyes shoot open and Tigerlily feels a sharp red hot pain in her gut. Looking down she can see a bayonet jammed in her belly. Letting go of the collar she grabs her gut and sags to her knees.

I groggily get up and look at the ganger. She tries to keep her gut together. I’d better end this now. I have never been savage to other humans, even traitors, but this was an exception. My right boot lashes out and hits her under the chin. She falls backwards with a scream. I stoop over and pull out my knife with a spurt of blood. Its warm and sticky, making me feel sick inside. Stay mean, do it. I retrieve my pistol and aim it at her head. “Traitor!” I spat as I looked away and pulled the trigger.

+++

"So there you have it, it doesn't matter what the sex is, just as long as you kill them. Getting beaten up by a girl isn't that bad, it just depends on who the girl is. It's okay if you can get even by gutting her and then shooting the head off.

Class dismissed!"

+++

I really may be an old man. The event that I described took place some seven years ago, back then I was still 22, so add up that and you get that I'm already 29. A real old man compared to the kids I receive in the class each day. Sometimes I really, miss those old days with the old gang. Marc, Paul, Jeroen, John, heck even that bastard Rayner. We were young, we thought we were immortal like the Emperor, we thought we could win the war. Those were the days. *Wipes away a tear, unscrews a small hip flask and takes a swig*

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-15 16:01:46

As for a precise description of me: picture a standard Cadian Junior Officer. I'm not much difirent from them, only a wee bit shorter, I have reading glasses (for reading only ofcourse!), carapace armor with inspirational inscriptions, officers cap with Imperial Guard logo (the winged skull) and a personal stub revolver which I purchased after the Belial campaign from a Navy pilot.

As for Dorkboy, please follow this link.

And Sal? Thats none of your buisness, you dirty stalker!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-16 15:10:35

hello everyone!

Gamesday RULES!!!!!!

lets see, gossip, gossip...

I played the final v. of fire warrior on ps2. shok horror! it a pretty okay game! there is no Hand2hand stuff from what we played. the graphics are a bit blocky, but the pc version we saw looked yummy! the only real criticism i have is that the lasgun no longer has that distinctive crack sound. now it just has that generic laser 'squib' like the sound of someone hitting a lictor with a haddock. i have seen the releases in progress for next year, and they r very good indeed. from what i could torture out of GW's design team staff, we've got a new army- defenders of mars, and what is either a new militia, or entirely new regiment for guard!!!! Oh, and there's been some banter in my local Gw about rumours of a primarch miniature boxed set... well we have seen some 'concept art' of the main primarchs made just this last few months.... other releases include an inquisitor scale tau, and a few tau vehicles being designed by forge world. highlights of the day included: our banner boys response when a hooded monk told us to repent; "kiss my arse", laughing at other banners, lots of half naked women, and a glimpse at ancient 40k.

Keep gaming!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-16 15:27:35

At 9/16/03 03:10 PM, SeedyKay wrote: hello everyone!

Gamesday RULES!!!!!!

lets see, gossip, gossip...

I played the final v. of fire warrior on ps2. shok horror! it a pretty okay game! there is no Hand2hand stuff from what we played. the graphics are a bit blocky, but the pc version we saw looked yummy! the only real criticism i have is that the lasgun no longer has that distinctive crack sound. now it just has that generic laser 'squib' like the sound of someone hitting a lictor with a haddock. i have seen the releases in progress for next year, and they r very good indeed. from what i could torture out of GW's design team staff, we've got a new army- defenders of mars, and what is either a new militia, or entirely new regiment for guard!!!! Oh, and there's been some banter in my local Gw about rumours of a primarch miniature boxed set... well we have seen some 'concept art' of the main primarchs made just this last few months.... other releases include an inquisitor scale tau, and a few tau vehicles being designed by forge world. highlights of the day included: our banner boys response when a hooded monk told us to repent; "kiss my arse", laughing at other banners, lots of half naked women, and a glimpse at ancient 40k.

Keep gaming!

MORE IMPERIAL GUARD!!! THIS MAKES MY HEART BEAT LIKE A FRESHMAN IN LOVE!!!

But anyway: The defenders from Mars would be: Techguard (Guardsmen with bionics) or Skitarii (I have no f*cking idea what these are but they are an important part of an techpriest army.)

A new regiment. For this one there are many suggestions, but my money goes on the Jourans! These royal bastards are like the Steel legion, only better!

The Primarchs, I never knew what they all looked like, now my wish is finally answered! I wonder how Guilleman, Perturabo and Logan (Word Bearers botch!) look like...

Old 40k, thats where al this is going to! Back to the roots with all of this!

I wish I could be there...*unscrews lid of small hipflask and takes a sip*

Anyway, it's good to hear such an report! Thanks man!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-16 15:31:23

At 9/16/03 03:27 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

:(I have no f*cking idea what these are but they are an important part of an techpriest army.)

I've found a quick link about the Skitarii here, it's written by Gav Thorpe himself.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-16 15:38:54

Point 3 is for me, I have a job and my guess is that others have school.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-17 10:57:38

OKAY ONE THING! THIS IS STARTING TO GET PAINFULL!

IT'S NOT CANDIA!

IT'S CADIA

CURSE YOU FOR INSULTING MY HOMEWORLD LIKE THAT!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-17 11:49:58

*Another day of teaching White Shields the way of the Imperium and the only reson this day is better then most is because others will take verbal assault not me.*

"Emperor damn you!" Two medics carry a stretcher out of the class, carrying Reilly, the veteran plasma gunner who just got fried by his own weapon. "This is the last time I'm going to invite a plasma gunner over!" I turn my back to the class and try to cool down. Things are looking bleak. With the plasma gunner fried after only two questions, the commissar that called in sick and those damn kids in a frenzy, my day is really messed up. I really need a miracle! As if on queue a Black motorcycle smashes through the wall, carrying a Dark Angel who is strangely enough only wearing the bottom part of his armour, the top is replaced by a t-shirt and leather jacket. I bite my lip in frustration. There's no way the schola's going to pay all the damage to that wall. But I quickly regained my wits and faced the class again. "All right you maggots, this is Sergeant O'Brien of the Dark Angels Space Marine chapter. Give him a big hand." No applause, not even a cheer. This could get nasty. "All right Sarge, you have the floor."

"Hello there. I am Sgt. O'Brien of the Dark Angels. I didn't really prepare a speech so I'll answer any questions you may have." Carla is the first to raise her hand. "Ummm... You there! Yeah the girl who has cum on her face." He must have specially enhanced eyes or something! Carla is not taken aback by the rude remark. "Can I give you head for a better grade?" Oh Emperor please. not this again! "Well, no. One, I don't work here, and two I've been warned by a hidden source about you. Hey, who here hasn't done something sexual of any kind with her anyway? Uhh, Ok, put your hands down." Some more students raise their hand for a question, maybe they are finally stimulated correctly. "You. Yeah bobbing head guy." Oh, great! He picked Carlson, the stoner. "Do you use drugs or strong liquor? Do chicks dig the body armour?" Way to go Charley! "Liquor. And yeah the body armour is a chick magnet, yet a big shiny medal is even better. If your trying to get some you better get off your ass and work for it." This is getting nowhere. He picks Lewis this time, an excellent student with some radical points of view. "You with the actual work on your desk." Lewis poked his glasses onto his nose and grabbed a small note. "Being a Space Marine must be really hard. But tell me, how do you feel about the Tau? Aren’t they serving a greater good just like us? We serve our Emperor and they serve a greater good? Shouldn't we team up with them and together conquer the galaxy?" That was a very radical point of view... "Well, that is a good point. Yet I forgot to ask after what they did to some of my, and Lt. Brookman here, friends." I quickly grab a note and start to scribble a direct request to Schaeffer for taking 'care' of Lewis. The little prick had it coming. Again Carla raises her hand. “Are you SURE I couldn't?” I can see that O’Brien rolls his eyes in annoyance. “I said NO village whore!” This is getting nowhere as I dig my face in my hand in frustration. “do you have any scars?” Oh my goodness! “Of course,(He lifts his shirt) see one here on my left arm? that happened due to a chaos marine's knife. And over here (He points to spot near middle of his back) happened when a 'Nid tried to cut me in two. Ok, any more questions?” I raise my hand quickly. “This will the last question class, so better think really good about this one.” They group together and whisper back and forth until they reach an agreement. And it’s Hendrik who’s asking the last question. “Have you raped anyone?” I let my mouth fall open in shock. Oh shit… “WHAT THE F*CK'D YOU SAY BOY? (He grabs the boy by his shirt and starts shaking him violently) Could you repeat that? I don't know who you think your talking to. (He drops him rather hard back into his bench.) O’Brien simply walks over to me and whispers. “I want him in the front line when those Orks show up again.”

O’Brien heads for his bike, but as he passes Carla he's handed a piece of paper. O’Brien looks at it and he 'accidentally' slips and knees her. He steps onto his bike and inserts the key. “Please don’t smash up another wall!” I shout in vain, but it’s already too late as he revvs up the bike and smashes through the other wall. The buzzer sounds off, ending another class. "Class dismissed..."

I hate my job...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 12:40:15

I find all of this interesting. Hasn't Cadis just finished dealing with the biggest Black Crusade Abaddon has ever launched?

http://www.eyeofterror.com/

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 12:41:38

FUCK! I hit s instead of a...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 13:17:52

Greetings,

The current outcome of the 13th Black Crusade A.K.A. the Eye of Terror world wide campaign is still being calculated. It is a known fact that the Imperium scored the most victories (With the Imperial Guard as top scoring Loyalist army, scoring a whopping 23149 victories, and that not even the full Guard. They listed the special lists seperate.), even when the Tau victories are added to the dark side victories. Though the Tau are irrelevant in this matter (no offence please!) for they are well away from the Cadian Gate.

Today I've also received next months White Dwarf, so I'll be analysing the pre-limmenairy report. Games Workshop stated that the situation ended grim, with anarchy on Cadia and that the Cadian Gate is forever torn apart by Chaos.

I find the statistic outcome of this campaign not that shocking, I even thought that it would be a fixed Chaos victory. I foresee no severe changes in the future of Warhammer 40.000

Until then,

Lt. Brookman

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 13:56:07

I'll try to post the second half of the Traitor Guard of Rowland Cox versus the 13th Company of Andy Hoare.

But first, feel the wrath of a power fist wielding Cadian Junior Officer for your unforgiavble typos!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 15:24:14

BAD news! at gamesday, we where shown the final results. Chaos won :(

We lost a good dozen or so systems, and the details on the cadian gate are uknown, but it is presumed to be in chaos control. nothing else of any real importance seems to have been taken. things are still bad. guard got the most victories, for the forces of order. Tau apparently did bugger all because they where the 'forces who stand and get shot'

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 15:37:49

Cadia can't be lost!

Because if Cadia is destroyed or overrun, where will the Cadian Shock Troopers come from?

Games Workshop will actually think of something nifty, cause they would look really stupid with all the new plastic Cadians and new Imperial Guard codex that is almost completely about the Cadian Guardsmen.

It saddens me deeply...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-18 15:51:32

be optimistic. when the result said, suspected to be in chaos control, we translated it as 'chaos won it, but we wont let them have it, 'cos they're Gay!'
so expect cadia to be back under imperial control in a very short time...

i don't think they would let any storyline planet fall into someones hands. especially cadia.

oh, i was sorting out my cupboard, and came across space crusade. anyone remember that? i also found an original version of spacehulk. at the archive of ancient stuff at GW, i saw a land raider boxed set, from years, and years ago. i have one on my shelf, painted for dark angels.

spooky...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-19 09:01:35

What is defeat?

A simple race by race sum up.

The Ork knows no defeat, for they see their failure as a test to see how good the enemy is, then they come back for another go.

The Space Marine knows no defeat, for in defeat lies failure, and failure is heresy in the heart of a Marine. They will fight on till the end.

Chaos knows no defeat, for the patheons of the warp move in many mysterious ways, so a defeat would turn to victory in the future.

Eldar do not know defeat, for they can foresee the future though the snares of the warp, they can steer away from it by manipulating their surroundings.

Dark Eldar know no defeat, for in defeat they see the treasures, pleasures and information from the torture of the captured enemies.

The Necrons know no defeat, for they are immortal and have all the time in the universe for their ways, they will overcome in time.

The Inquisition knows no defeat, all they need with defeat is a virus bomb and a simple lie, who will know of the defeat when there are no witnesses.

The Sisters of Battle know no defeat, merely the fact that dying at the hands of the enemy enters another name into the book of Martyrs to be read on days of mourning.

The Tyranids know no defeat, for they are single minded. They only hunger for the strands of DNA from the most superior races to make them into the superior race of the galaxy.

The Tau know no defeat, they only now that they are a cog in a machine called the Greter Good, they know that they're Greter Good will one day conquer the galaxy.

The Imperial Guard knows defeat, for they suffer the most from it. Failure for them is betraying the Emperor Himself. They owe their existence to Him. But in defeat, they know that don't stand alone!

Is defeat really the end, or is it the sowing of the seeds that will be reaped perhaps millenia from now?

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-20 13:55:23

Aight, a few things before I get back to the joy of Jedi Academy. (Yes, I am a really busy man)

1. The mega battle report pt 2. (I'm giving a short recap of how it went in the end.) The Demolisher continues to tank shock units. The Wulfen almost get butchered, but fight back and make a sweeping advance into the Greater Daemon, which a single Wulfen manages to chew up and kill. The Space Wolves manage to capture the Thunderhawk and do a strafing run on the basilica itself, killing several minor baddies. The battle on the main board is lost be the Dark Angels, who failed to keep the Black Legion away from the objective! Silly dorks that they are... The Imperial Guard was pounded nicely by the mutants, but they held the line thanks to the Baneblade Super Heavy Tank that held a strong flank.

2. I haven't checked my mail in three days, but maybe I'll check it tomorrow.

3. The small essay about defeat is not ripped from any known publication or web-site. I ripped it from my inner dialogue!

4. In my scarce spare time away from the job and homework I'm listening music, decapitating Jedi wannabe's and writing a new army list of 1.000 pts. Dorkboy is still busy with spriting and the occasional harassment of Eldar as an Iron Warrior. (A servo arm toting Warsmith versus a singing spear wielding Farseer is always amusing. Those silly Eldar, they can't even take a single punch! They are brittle! Thus, they die without a fight...)

5. Another chapter from my ongoing life story, only this time, it's not featuring me!

Act 1. The Nightclub

Another night in the usual nightclub for the guardsmen of duty. Being seconded to a backwater planet as a PDF is quite a blessing when you return from the front, but after two or three months of helping the local population with their birth problems they are going to get bored sooner or later. Some get crazy and start shooting, others get lazy and wait for an opportunity. For some that may just come…

Sergeant Harris was lingering at the bar as usual. A drink in his right hand and leaning on the bar with his left elbow gave him the expression of a true guardsman, dashing and good looking. Though he had those two qualities he is bored to death like most other guardsmen in the club. When they first got here they would party until dawn. But now, been there done that! Harris downed his drink in one tug and was about to leave, if it wasn’t for a middle aged man who grabbed him by the arm. Harris brought a fist up to the man as a warning. The man simply showed Harris a folded piece of paper. This just got more interesting for Harris. They sat down and talked about the paper.

“So, this is a map to a treasure?” Harris ventured as he ordered some drinks for himself and the man. “Yes. On that site should be a large amount of archeotech and I will pay you handsomely for retrieving it for me.” He produced a metal box filled with Imperial money bills. Harris looked at it with no interest what so ever. “It’s not the money I’m interested in, it’s the adventure.” The man closed the box and was about to put it back in his robes, but Harris grabbed his wrist. “I will need the money for the bribes and equipment mister… I did not quite catch your name.” The man handed him the box and smirked. “My name is of no importance Sgt. Harris. Now if you would excuse me, I must leave for my estate.” With that the man got up and left. Harris whistled as he counted the money. This was a great deal. Better tell the others. “Marc, round up the gang, we’ve got a job on our hands!” From a dark corner Sergeant Jacquemijns appeared, knife in his hand. “We’re going to do it?” He asked as he playfully flicked the knife in his hands a couple of times. “Yes, gather the others, we need a plan.” As soon Jacquemijns gathered the others Harris explained them everything and for an hour they discussed their options and ideas.

“So, we get to dig out some old metal? And we get paid to do it?” Nieuwehuizen asked. “I wish you wouldn’t use the term old metal all the time. This could be a very sacred object!” Sloep intervened as his mechanical eye copied the map and checked it with the current version of the planet. “Ah yes! It’s only 200 KM away from our current position. We could easily drive the first quarter and use a train for the 150 KM left.” He handed the map back to Harris and gave a grin like the others. “A toast!” Harris proclaimed. “To glory! To riches! And to adventu..” His last words were drowned out by the screams of other club visitors who ran away. Several dark bodies bounded through the windows and skylight, landing on the tables, stage and bar. They all carried throwing knifes and swords. “Well hello there…” Marc sweetly answered as he pulled out his own knife with a grin. “What can we do for you all?” Harris asked as he carefully reached for his hellpistol.

Their reply was in blades. They threw their throwing knifes and pulled out their swords. Harris kicked the table over and ducked behind it. “Take cover!” Marc deftly caught the knife thrown at him and darted forward, the two knifes spinning in his hands. Harris fired his hellpistol two handed, carefully aiming every shot, clipping two attackers with shots in the torso. Sloep ducked behind a pillar and hoped that they wouldn’t get in his general direction. He was after all unarmed! Nieuwehuizen and Sauer both fire their autopistols as they dashed towards the bar. Marc laughed cruelly as he rammed the throwing knife in his first attacker and gutted a second with his own blade. A third tried to cut him in two, but a back hand blow to the head dropped him dead on the floor. Nieuwehuizen and Sauer dive behind the bar and grab the shotguns under the counter. Two pumps were heard before the two threw in a fusillade of lethal flechette fire, shredding the last three attackers that tried to bound back through a window.

6. And to all you people who keep harassing me, EAT POWER FIST BITCHES!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-20 19:03:10

Hey one question. Are you open for new people? I have a large World Eaters force, around 2,500 points of close combat monsters. I also feel that I need to communicate with other chaos player smore to see if having a demolisher would be any use in an army designed for speed, racing with rhino's, bikers and warping daemons to hit the flanks of the enemy. It looks too defencive, and lumbering for my tastes..

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-20 20:02:55

Hell, if you can't find one, use the VDR and make it up.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-21 09:49:06

Greetings,

1. A Demolisher is not built for speed chappy, it's a f*cking bunker buster and city fighting monster! (With a str 10 AP 1 main gun that tends to happen alot, trust me, take this thing out with what ever you got from afar, once it gets close thou art doometh!) You could try with VDR as mentioned before, but that would make the tank weaker if you want to go for speed. Though there are new vehicle rules in which Ordnance may be fired on the move. This was re-introduced because the Imperial Guard is one big ordnance spitting army (That and ordnance tends to turn your army into a stationairy thing...)

2. Dartclock, you are more then welcome, but I can't remember if we already have a Chaos Player around. You could try a MSN on-line group, these guys know alot about those things.

3. I played Rival Species, but I am waiting for Beta 2 in which (naturally!) the Cadian Shock Troopers are introduced along side the 'skins and dark eldar.

4. And now for something completely difirent!

A 1.000 pts armylist of my "in construction" Cadian 13th.

Doctrines:
1. Iron Discipline
2. Sharpshooters
3. Sanctioned Psykers
4. Storm Trooper Squads
5. Closed Order Drill

HQ.

Senior Officer Goedhart with carapace, power weapon, plasma pistol and Iron Discipline
Veterans (2x) – standard bearer with carapace, plasma pistol and ccw, medic with lasgun
Guardsmen – one with master-vox and lasgun, one with meltagun

Commissar Baker with carapace, bolt pistol and power weapon

Sanctioned Psyker Boltmagnet with laspistol and ccw

Anti-personal squad with two autocannons, one heavy bolter and sharpshooters skill

340 pts.

Elites.

Storm Troopers Squad 005
Veteran Sergeant with hellpistol and power weapon, six Storm Troopers with hellguns, one with meltagun, one with flamer, one with vox-caster and hellgun. All models have been upgraded to deep strike

142 pts.

Troops.

1st Platoon (ACE Command)
Junior Officer Hengeveld with carapace, power weapon, plasma pistol and Iron Discipline
Veterans (3x) – medic with laspistol and ccw, Sergeant Arend with carapace, plasma pistol and ccw, veteran with laspistol and ccw
Guardsmen – one with vox-caster and laspistol and ccw

1st Squad (DIAMOND) – Veteran Sergeant Keller with laspistol and ccw, seven guardsmen with lasguns, 1 guardsman with vox-caster and one guardsman with flamer

2nd Squad (SKULL) – Veteran Sergeant Bronski with bolt pistol and ccw, seven guardsmen with lasguns, 1 guardsman with vox-caster and one guardsman with grenade launcher

3rd Squad (LEFTOVERS) – Veteran Sergeant Aran with bolt pistol and ccw, three guardsmen with lasguns, one guardsman with plasma gun

302 pts.

1st Armoured Fist Squad
Veteran Sergeant with laspistol and ccw, six guardsmen with lasguns, one guardsman with vox-caster, one guardsman with missile launcher and one guardsman with meltagun.
Chimera with turret mounted autocannon, hull-mounted flamer, pintle-mounted heavy stubber, extra armour, smoke launchers and rough terrain modifications.

206 pts.

Total: 990

(The last ten points will probably be used for some extra carapace armor or a plasma pistol for a veteran or the Storm Trooper Sergeant)

This actually makes me wonder what you guys field as a solid 1.000 points army.

5. As of now, I am on extended leave and I'm not certain when I'll return.

Until then,

Au Revior!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-22 02:41:49

At 9/20/03 01:55 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: 4. In my scarce spare time away from the job and homework I'm listening music, decapitating Jedi wannabe's and writing a new army list of 1.000 pts. Dorkboy is still busy with spriting and the occasional harassment of Eldar as an Iron Warrior. (A servo arm toting Warsmith versus a singing spear wielding Farseer is always amusing. Those silly Eldar, they can't even take a single punch! They are brittle! Thus, they die without a fight...)

Dude, try World Eaters, and watch as your expensive, powerful berserkers get eaten by a Wraitlord.

Not so sure about how a Warsmith'd go against a Wraithlord, though. And Starcannons hurt.

Where do you get your stuff? I'm having trouble trying to find enough Cadians, to start a army. I want some Pariahs for my Necron force as well. Nothing like watching them eat that Seer Council, and that Eldar player scream "CHEESE!" when Pariahs come out.

BTW,

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-22 02:43:13

Sorry about the cut off. Just reminding that agonizer is a better way for those people to die, than powerfist.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-23 13:31:04

Ah, spending some time AWOL is great. I’ve finished Jedi Knight Academy for a third time, finished some articles for my web site (I'll post them soon and notify you all.) and started out with three new stories. (One about Imperial Guard, one about Armsmen of the Imperial Navy and a Star Wars – Warhammer 40.000 cross over.) In other news Dorkboy has started the prototyping of the Space Marine sprites. I’m not showing off anything until I am certain that they are good looking enough.

+ + +

All right, another request! What kind of music would YOU(!) like to hear during 40k? Anything is possible. Some say Rammstein (Feuerfrei!) is really great while fragging some Xeno’s while others like to hear some random band scream (Vietnow! From Rage to the Machine for example – pure crap IMHO) through the speakers. I myself prefer some light classical music such as Mozart or the Waltz of the Damned when duelling an enemy, but prefer the heavy sound of Korn (Lets get this party started!) or The Imperial March (Rage Mix from Star Wars Force Commander) when directing a tank through a mob of mutants or ‘skins. So, let me hear some stuff, it may be useful for me later on.

+ + +

-MOLE-, my stat line has changed a wee bit since the last time that I posted it. Since the release of the new Imperial Guard Codex my tabletop mini has been fleshed out a bit o fall in with my army.

Lieutenant Brookman
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
3 3 3 3 1 3 2 9 4+

WARGEAR.
Lieutenant Brookman is equipped with a bolt pistol, close combat weapon (chainsword), trademark item (Officers cap of authority, TM items allow to re-roll failed morale tests) and carapace armour.

SPECIAL RULES.

IRON DISCIPLINE.
Any unit using the leadership characteristics of an Officer (Colonel, Captain or Lieutenant) with the Iron Discipline ability for a morale or pinning test ignores the -1 modifier for being under half strength and may regroup even if below half strength. Officers may be given this ability for +5 points each.

SHARPSHOOTERS.
Any infantry model with a BS of 3 may make a single re-roll a shooting to hit roll of 1. (The only exceptions are sniper rifles where the slightest breeze can ruin the shot and plasma weapons, which few men survive long enough to master.) This ability costs +10 points for a single squad of any type.

DIE-HARDS.
The regiment is so firmly indoctrinated into the Imperial faith and its own martial traditions that they will stand against overwhelming odds. Any Imperial Guard Infantry unit or Rough Riders squadron may be given this ability at the cost of +5 points. Die-hard squads do not count negative Morale modifiers for being outnumbered in close combat.

ADVISOR.
If a commissar accompanies a Cadian Officer, then the Officers Ld is raised by +1. (The officer is scared to death of the commissar that he gives a 110%!)

Personal Staff.
Commissar with carapace, bolt pistol and power weapon. Comm-link operator with lasgun (Comm-link keeps link with other squads for morale support using the Lieutenants Ld), medic with lasgun and targeter, (Units with a medic may re-roll first failed saving roll, but second roll counts), Corporal Bogers armed with a plasma pistol, carapace armour and a close combat weapon, Salena armed with a stub revolver (counts as a bolt pistol) and a close combat weapon. Every staff member is outfitted with frag grenades and has the SHARPSHOOTERS ability. (The medic, corporal Bogers and Salena have received the Veteran upgrade for +6 points each. They will get +1 A and +1 in Ld. Above that, they can select up to fifty(50) points of Wargear from the Imperial Guard Armoury, though they may not select ‘Officer Only’ gear.)

I've included my command platoon squad and the rules that should belong there. Here's a realistic Imperial Guard character. About the special abilities I have a very important note! This character I describe here is a legal table top mini. A Imperial Guard army may have up to five (5) special doctrines, equipment or troop type upgrades!
This army has the following Doctrines.

Iron Discipline – Described above
Sharpshooters – Described above
Die-hards – Described above
Storm Trooper Squads – Allows me to field three Storm Trooper Squads as Elites choices
Special Weapons squads – Allows me to attach two of these squads to my HQ. These can carry assault weapons (Meltagun, grenade launcher and flamer), explosives (frag grenades, krak grenades and meltabombs) or specialist weapons (sniper rifles o a demolition charge – the most powerful assault weapon in the Imperial arsenal!)

Right, I hope that this should clarify some of the character design issues around here. Another good example is that of BoltgunClock, whose character has a great set of rules and Wargear, making him realistic and challenging in table top terms.

+ + +

Where did I get my Cadians? The question is do you have the money to purchase it all? This may sound mean, but it’s the truth. I’ve saved up my cash for two months to buy the Cadian Army Deal and voila! An instant small detachment at the ready. I’ve added three boxes of plastic Cadians, a Chimera and two Leman Russ tanks (one vanilla and one Exterminator) for the extra punch. If you don’t have access to a Games Workshop store in your direct area, you could try mail order, or perhaps you’d have to travel to a Games Workshop store in a radius of 50-75 Kilometres (I’m a European, so stick those miles and yards up your asses!).

+ + +

Right, that’s all folks, maybe I’ll be back in two or three days, it all depends on the job, the games and the weather.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-24 15:38:22

My character described is used by me in table top games. I strived for a ‘realistic’, playable and presentable model for table top use. Sal will most possibly be created from several Escher Juves and Gangers, seeing as the Sisters of Battle sort of lack the torso's and limbs for a good model. And Sal and I are NOT independent characters! Though Junior and Senior Officers are noted down as independent characters, they MUST be accompanied be their command staff. He must remain within 2” of his staff. Should this staff be killed off or anything similar, only then is the Officer an independent character. Sal is part of the staff used by my Junior Officer. She uses the stat line of a Veteran and has purchased extra equipment from the Imperial Guard armoury.

Appearance of Lieutenant Brookman. I come in two versions, on duty with the standard Cadian issue combat gear and off-duty.

The uniform is in both cases the standard Kommando Khaki fatigues with Scorched Brown carapace armour, boot straps and shoulder pads. The officers cap has a Kommando Khaki top, with black brim and a red band with golden eagle denoting that the wearer is a Junior officer of the Infantry. (NCOs have blue bands with copper eagles, armour has a brown band with silver eagle and Senior Officers have the black band with silver eagle motive.) The carapace armour is decorated with an golden eagle spreading its wings. The boots and belt are a standard Cadian issue black. The belt holds a pistol holster, canteen and a pouch for a single pistol clip.

Off-duty I simply shed the carapace armour, shoulder pads and wear a light weight flak vest.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-24 15:39:56

Some clarification on the new Imperial Guard Codex. Just as with the new Chaos Space Marines Codex a Imperial Guard army can purchase special skills, units or equipment which are referred to as Doctrines. Though you can still field a normal Imperial Guard army with all the unit choices available you do not have access to the special training, equipment and alternate organisations. Here is the run down of all the special stuff with a short description.

RESTRICTED UNITS.
Priests – Allows you to field priests as advisors for your Officer core.
Techpriest Enginseers - Allows you to field two Enginseers as a single Elite choice. These Enginseers may be accompanied by up to 5 servitors
Sanctioned Psykers - Allows you to field psykers as advisors for your Officer core.
Storm Trooper Squads - Allows you to field Storm Trooper Squads as an Elite choice. These may infiltrate or deep strike at an additional cost.
Ratling Squads - Allows you to field Ratling snipers as an Elite choice. Ratlings are snipers.
Ogryn Squads - Allows you to field Ogryns as an Elite choice for that extra punch in the assault phase (Please note that these Ogryns are even better then the previous Codex!).
Special Weapon squads - Allows you to field two spec. weapons squads in the command platoon of the HQ choice.
Conscript Platoons - Allows you to field a group of 20-50 conscripts as a single Troops Choice.
Rough Rider squadrons - Allows you to field Rough Rider squadrons as an Fast Attack choice for your army.
Heavy Weapon platoons - Allows you to field heavy weapon squads as an Heavy Support choice in your army

ALTERNATE REGIMENTAL ORGANISATIONS.
Drop Troops – This allows you to deep strike every Infantry Squad not mounted in a Chimera and Sentinel Squadron if the mission permits.
Grenadiers – You may field three Storm Troopers Squads as troop choices, though these squads may NOT infiltrate or deep strike.
Mechanised – Each Guard unit on foot must be mounted in a Chimera transport, even if they aren’t allowed normally.

SKILLS AND DRILLS.
Die-hards – Any unit with this skill may ignore negative modifiers and do not counts as outnumbered in close combat.
Iron Discipline – Officers (Junior and Senior) ignore negative modifiers for morale and pinning tests.
Independent Commissars – You may field three Commissars as a single elites choice, they count as independent characters.
Close order Drill – Units in a base to base line receive +1 to LD and +1 I.
Hardened Fighters – Infantry may add +1 to their WS and Sentinels may add +1 to their Attack value.
Jungle Fighters – Models receive a 6+ armour save, a 4+ cover save when in jungle or woods, may use heavy flamers in squads, never field lascannons, can see and move 12” through jungle and woods and may infiltrate in woods and jungle
Light Infantry – May roll an additional dice for moving through difficult terrain, may infiltrate and may replace the squads heavy7 weapon with a sniper rifle.
Sharpshooters – Units may re-roll the first 1’s they roll when rolling to hit
Xeno-fighters – The unit may be upgraded to be an expert at fighting Eldar (including Dark Eldar), Orks and Tyranids. They hit them in close combat on a 3+ regardless of WS values.
Veterans – The 0-1 limit on the Hardened Veterans option does not apply.

SPECIAL EQUIPMENT.
Chem-inhaler – For 10 points a unit may be outfitted with inhalers. With these the men will always test morale, leadership and pinning without negative modifiers. If they fail the 25% shooting casualties they are pinned rather then falling back.
Cameleoline – At the cost of 10 points per unit they receive a +1 to their cover save.
Carapace armour – A unit may receive Carapace armour at 20 points per squad. This increases their armour save from 5+ to 4+
Cyber-enhancements – A unit may be upgraded with cyber-enhancements for +20 points per squad. They receive a invulnerability save of 6+
Warrior Weapons – Guardsmen may be upgraded to replace their lasgun with a laspistol and ccw at +2 pts per model.

A well balanced and entertaining way to build an army. And don’t say that this is overpowering a weak army! Chaos uses the same mechanics, but in a far more destructive scale!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-24 15:41:32

As an example.

Special themed army list with Imperial Guard Doctrines.

Doctrines used: Iron Discipline, Veterans, Special Equipment: Carapace armour, special equipment: Warrior Weapons and Conscript Platoons.

Imperial Navy boarding party.

HQ. (Command Platoon)
Junior Officer van Caan: Equipped with carapace armour, plasma pistol, power weapon and Iron Discipline
Veterans, carapace armour (4), bolt pistol (2), plasma pistol, bionics, shotgun, scanner. One has been upgraded to a medic and one to a standard bearer.

129 pts.

Elites
Shore party 1. (Hardened Veterans Squad)
Veteran Petty Officer(counts as veteran sergeant): Equipped with carapace armour, storm bolter and power weapon.
Veterans: Carapace armour, shotguns (9), frag and krak grenades.

Shore party 2. (Hardened Veterans Squad)
Veteran Petty Officer(counts as veteran sergeant),
Veterans: Carapace armour, grenade launcher, flamer and shotguns (7)

Shore party 3. (Hardened Veterans Squad)
Veteran Petty Officer(counts as veteran sergeant): Equipped with carapace armour, power weapon and a plasma pistol
Veterans: Carapace armour, shotguns (6) and flamers (3)

432 pts.

Troops.

1st Supervisor Squad. (Junior Officer with command staff)
Junior Officer Kelltz: Equipped with carapace armour, bolt pistol, power weapon and Iron Discipline.
Veterans: Carapace armour, bolt pistol, shotgun (2), bionics, scanner and one veteran has been upgraded to a medic.

1st Pressgang team (Infantry squad)
Armsman(Counts as an veteran sergeant): Carapace armour and shotgun
Workers: Warrior weapons (9)

2nd Pressgang team (Infantry squad)

296 pts.

2nd Supervisor Squad. (Junior Officer with command staff)
Junior Officer Dankin: Equipped with carapace armour, bolt pistol, power weapon and Iron Discipline
Veterans: Carapace armour (4), bolt pistol (3) and shotgun

1st Pressgang team (Infantry squad)

2nd Pressgang team (Infantry squad)

281 pts.

1st Pressgang mob(Conscript Platoon)
Twenty workers with warrior weapons

160 pts.

2nd Pressgang mob (Conscript Platoon)
Twenty workers with warrior weapons

160 pts.

Total: 1.458 Pts.

Errata on the list.

Only the Armsmen and Navy Officers wear Carapace armour. The warrior weapons have been included as option for the pressgangs. These are forced to fight with whatever they can get their hands on. The squads of pressgangs with a Armsmen are seen as the difficult to maintain groups. These are split up in small groups and supervised by a Armsman. The Veterans Doctrine is chosen so I could take three Hardened Veteran Squads which act as an elite boarding party that can spearhead the assault. The Conscript Platoon units was chosen as a cheap way of swamping the enemy with cheap troops so the Officer staffs and Veteran squads can kill them off.

This list is mostly composed as a close combat orientated and themed army. This is an army that would most likely only fight on the right boards: Cramped holds and corridors of a ship! Hence no serious heavy weapons and such.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-24 15:53:22

At 9/24/03 03:47 PM, -Sphere- wrote: sorry man i just think Dark Angels are traitors and need to be exterminated for thier crimes(that doesn't stop them being a good fighting force) but deep in my heart i never trust a
Dark Angel

I was taught never to trust a Space Wolf. They are on the brink of heresy for their mutations! But I hate the Dark Angles now. They could have helped out with the battle for Cadia, instead? They decided to fight over the f*cking ruins of Caliban! It's just a field of asteroids! Curse you! I curse all you power armoured giants! I spit in your opposite direction!

With that out of my system... Ah, with any luck Fire Warrior will hit the retailers tomorrow. I’ll give a review of it when I’ve played through it. (I’m betting that I can finish it in one to two days. Games these days are too short!)

And yes! I will check my e-mail! (Finally?)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-09-25 04:16:40

Nice try Mole, but those are Inquisitor scale models, too big

BBS Signature