00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

OzoneOverdose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,546 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-25 16:36:14

At 7/25/03 02:16 PM, -MOLE- wrote: k, for no real reason but to be higher than crew member #10, i checked and the only people who actually joined(a.k.a. posted more than once or twice and showed sum real intrest) are the following:
list
and myself.so if it clears with u Lieutenant Brookman i was hoping to change myself to member #5.

Lets make simple, everyone posting a positive response and coming back regulary will be a member. That'll make 5 members if Sphere and Monakai come back after this post.

For me this number thingie is a false way to make a false hierarchy where the first guy here have more power then the last. It's a defective system.

If Lt. Brookman is the guy who started all and by this have power, we're too few to make a complex chain of command.

Don't deploy an entire company of 5 warriors.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-26 05:59:30

At 7/26/03 05:55 AM, -MOLE- wrote: (sigh) can sumone tell me how to link this thread in my sig?don't gimme any crap or i'll use my sword

Try this command: Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-26 06:32:54

Greetings,

These two points have come to my attention:

1. Propaganda
2. Copyrights
3. Suggestions

1. Propaganda. A good way of getting new members is perhaps to distribute some message. A movie to the Portal stating who we are and perhaps a message between the newsposts on the main page.

Remember! A few good messages of propagnada can enlighten the unguided!

2. Copyrights. Games Workshop is known for closely guarding their copyright protected items. If you guys use their art(drawn by their professional artists or conceptional artists) in a flashmovie, try to keep it to a minimum. At the very least you should then include this legal disclaimer and give a statement that you do not wish to make any money or other gains out of the movie or game.

3. Suggestions. If you have any suggestions, remarks, notes or feedback. Stand up and be heard I say!

That was all,

Lt. Brookman
13th Cadian (Irregulars) Rifles

Thought for the day (Or famous last words?).
A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-26 16:48:55

I made a fla about that.
http://arshnet.free.fr/GW disclamer.fla

What do you think, if it's good I'll add it to my sig.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-26 19:17:30

At 7/26/03 06:34 PM, -MOLE- wrote:
At 7/26/03 04:48 PM, BoltgunClock wrote: I made a fla about that.
http://arshnet.free.fr/GW disclamer.fla

What do you think, if it's good I'll add it to my sig.
link didn't work for me boltgun

Bleh !
http://arshnet.free.fr/GW%20disclamer.fla

The ways of the Machine God are... hard to understand.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-27 15:02:20

Excellent. I've read it and its perfect. It covers every piece of the Games Workshop.

Good Job!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-28 03:19:29

Ill join i guess its pretty cool

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-07-28 07:10:20

Greetings,

Pay tribute to the only sport the Emperor enjoys on his Golden Throne!

Blood Bowl X!

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-02 11:56:53

Greetings,

I've ordered my flunkey (every officer in the IG has at least one sub ordinate or stooge. Mine's a subordinate) to sprite some Imperial Guardsmen and zombies, he has a better knack for it then me.

And is anybody still alive out there? Did the campaign suddenly kill off most of our valiant members? Or dare I say, have you forsaken His eternal light and betryaed the Imperium of Man! Guess not, I'm that paranoid, just mildy.

That is all,

Lt. Brookman
13th Cadian (Irregular) Rifles

Thought for the day(Orfamous last words?).
You shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches," nor shalt thou go anywhere near our brothers of the Blood Angels chapter during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-02 11:58:53

Greetings,

I have some uplifting propaganda for you all.

1. On the fear of his or her life. Thou shall not lie to an officer in the presence of a Psyker and Commissar.
2. Orks are not "cute."
3. Thou shalt not make jokes about the Imperial Guard's weapons.
4. Thou shalt not replace the Librarian's staff with a magic wand.
5. Thou shalt not tip the Terminators over during battle.
6. Thou shalt not do Spock impersonations around Eldar.
7. C-3P0 is not a Necron ambassador.
8. You shall not dare others to eat Squigs.
9. No, you cannot "take the Titan for a spin."
10. Thou shalt not use thy multi-meltas to light campfires. (in a similar manner, thou shalt not use the Terminator Captain's chainfist to open tins of baked beans)
11. Thou shalt not bribe the Inquisitor to bring down Exterminatus on your ex-wife.
12. Thou shalt not refer to the Rhino transports as "pimp wagons," nor shalt thou use the phrase, "If the Rhino be rockin, don't come a knockin."
13. The Chapter Master is not a "drag."
14. Thou shall not use Power Swords to cut your food.
15. Thou shall not ask a Sister if you might "donate some of your own Gene-Seed."
16. Thou shall not throw soap at nurglings.
17. Thou shalt not put a "kick me" sign on the Golden Throne.
18. Thou shalt not refer to the Machine Spirit as "Cruise Control".
19. Thou shalt not stick a 'Honk if you think I'm sexy' sticker on the Sisters' Rhino.
20. Thou shalt not honk if thy sees a sticker saying 'Honk if you think I'm sexy' on a Sister's Rhino.
21. Thou shalt not unplug the Golden Throne just "for laughs".
22. Thou shalt not make the Emperor read your palms, or call upon him as "Miss Cleo".

That will be all,

Lt. Brookman
13th Cadian (Irregular) Rifles

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-05 05:17:40

At 8/4/03 05:22 PM, -MOLE- wrote: alright..alright i'll ask it..., Brookman where do u get ur killer pics?

Most of these pics are scanned from the covers and pages of my beloved Bible. Some of the new Cadian pics are from the White Dwarf and from the internet.

Please note that I am not a religious zealot. The Bible I refer to is my copy of the Codex: Imperial Guard.

Do you need pics of some sort? I am a collector of 3rd and 4th edition codex's (Know thine enemy!). Here's a list of available books with visual data.

Codex: Imperial Guard
Codex: Catachans
Codex: City Fight
Codex: Armageddon
Codex: Space Marines
Codex: Blood Angels
Codex: Dark Angels
Codex: Daemon Hunters
Codex: Tau
Codex: Chaos Space Marines ( 4th edition )
Codex: Eye of Terror
And at the end of this month Codex: Imperial Guard (4th edition, thx mom and dad!)

I also have several Black Librairy books at my disposal:
Blood Quest book II - Into the Eye of Terror
Titan book I
Daemonifugue book I
Inquis Exterminatus - This is the unltimate artbook around. It has art from every edition, even unpublished 1st edition Space Marine art.
The war for Armageddon - A recently published book about the third war for Armageddon

Here are some of my pics aquired over the years.
Asmodai, Chaplain of the Dark Angels
Deathwing Terminator in a spacehulk
Deathwing Heraldry
Cypher, the Fallen Angel
Cadian Shock Troopers

If you'd like, I can search for pics of certain characters or events in my book collection. Also, if want advice on buying Black Librairy novels, ask me! I've read almost all of the novels around.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-05 12:45:30

Hell, I use the warhammer site for my pics.

www.games-workshop.com

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-05 14:12:50

Woah, a 40k group! i like it. Hi people. the imperium needs your help. i put a demo of my fourth warhammer film on Portal today. The idea is that i will animate the whole Horus Heresy as a series of Comm-messages and News links. (watch the film for a general idea of what to expect.) probs is my studio team has no decent voice actors! This is where you step in.
We need war reporters, eye witnesses, etc. Send a reduced mp3 file with the line " the situation is becoming critical" To Sniperkay@hotmail.com.

And include you E-mail and desired character(s)

Thanks for your help!

Seedykay

HAIL THE EMPORER!!!!!
HAIL THE GREAT Lt. Brokman!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-05 16:17:25

Greetings,

I'm happy with the new fresh meat that has arrived to reinforce our cause. A big welcome to Sivak and SeedyKay.

Secondly. These cute Cadians have been spotted near a zombie infested area known as Gorthev 12. (These have been created by my flunkey, the gifted DorkBoy!)

Thirdly. Tommorrow I'll post some extra Dark Angel pics, can't post them all though. Lemme me know what kind of pic you really want to see.

And finally! The Imperial Guard finally gets the loving it deserves from the Games Workshop. With the release of the new Imperial Guard codex next month the on-line store is filled with Imperial ass-kicking!
Behold the new über command HQ led by a senior officer and a cadre of specially trained men. Reinforcing the platoons will be the new Cadian lieutenants! (For those of you wondering, I'm the guy in the upper right corner with the cap, boltpistol and chainsword.) Providing the much needed fire support are the new heavy weapons squads.

What can I do except for crying? I bless the Emperor for these impressive reinforcements!

Lt. Brookman

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-05 21:16:36

At 8/5/03 04:17 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Thirdly. Tommorrow I'll post some extra Dark Angel pics, can't post them all though. Lemme me know what kind of pic you really want to see.

The Marines and Guard have always had the best pics.

I like fight scenes with 1000 to 1 odds.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-06 04:14:05

Greetings,

I have have a sellection of my archive on-line now, though the magos has promised me that more would go on-line further this week.

I'll start with my own kin first.
Hellhound flametank
Steel Legion Veterans
For the 'nid players a special pic: The Red Terror!

Some random pictures.
Daemonhunters
Sisters of Battle

And finally, a mish mash of Marine pictures!
Dark Angels dog-tags
Dark Angles commander Azrael
The Space Wolves cover!
The Black Templars

Also! I wish to share with you one of the best Dark Angels stories ever written. It is written by Bill King - Best known for his Ragnar the Space Wolf books and the duo Felix and Gotrek. This story is called Deathwing and tells how the terminator armor of the Dark Angels became white.
Deathwing

Lt. Brookman
(The reasons why Tau are utter crap in close combat)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-07 09:12:10

I'm making a collection of forums pics, ebaumsworld style. And, Emperor forgive me, I couldn't resist on this one...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-07 11:22:33

But who owns who? The Cadian shoves a bayonet through the throat of the 'nid, while the 'nid only rams a 'finger' through the Cadians jaw.

I know I sounds evil, but just wandering.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-07 13:36:32

At 8/7/03 11:22 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: But who owns who? The Cadian shoves a bayonet through the throat of the 'nid, while the 'nid only rams a 'finger' through the Cadians jaw.

I changed my mind after looking at the picture more thorough. The 'nid is picking the guys nose, I mean... I cannot find the words for this attrocity!

In other news today, Imperial defenders have been spotted defending the monastairy of Eternal Light. (Pictured form left to right are: Cadian sergeant, Sister of Battle Canoness, Cadian comm-link operator, a Imperial dignitairy - most likely a spy or inquisitor and a Cadian guardsman firing his lasgun)

These have been created by the incredible Dorkboy!

That will be all.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-07 17:43:40

At 8/7/03 01:36 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: I changed my mind after looking at the picture more thorough. The 'nid is picking the guys nose, I mean... I cannot find the words for this attrocity!

Exactly, you just had a demonstration of the ill humor of the 41th millenium. The same kind of humor found the "The Redeemer" comic.

WTF happened to all our "dedicated" members? they need to report in or at least send a letter of resignation[more often than not a death certificate, good help so hard to find huh?

It seems that they have been called to the battlefied by the Emperor or the foul forces of chaos. And the current situation at the eye of terror created some large disturbances in the Warp so I can't contact anyone on the other solar systems. So we'll have to wait what will come back after the war. The members or a death certificate.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-08 04:38:07

At 8/7/03 05:43 PM, BoltgunClock wrote: Exactly, you just had a demonstration of the ill humor of the 41th millenium. The same kind of humor found the "The Redeemer" comic.

I've read the great comic cross over in one of the Warhammer Monthlies were fantasy characters become 40k characters and visa versa. Ulli and Marquand in a penal Legion againsts Orks is just killer and Call Jericho against pirates. Scabbs cracks me up though, he has the cool gift of cracking those quirky one-liners at the right time.

As for Eziekhiel, I'll have to check, I'm not a big fan of him, I like Asmodai more.

Also, I prey that this may never occur, but which actors would youy like to see in a movie about 40k and which not, if Hollywood ever found out about Warhammer (Which I pray to all Gods for, will never happen!)

Good actors:
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sly Stallone as Deathwing terminators. :P Those guys would be really great. I can already hear Arny boom the words "Foh thie Emperoh!" while Sly keeps on screaming wordless cries of battle like in the Rambo movies. My true heroes of the imperium!

As for the 'missing' members, they will return. Its not like we can connect our brain with the Omnissiah and be here 24/7. Heck, even I have a social life (I just don't know what to with it...) They'll be back.

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-08 15:12:17

+++ INCOMING MESSAGE +++
Author: Lieutenant M. Brookman
Subject: Various
To: Whom it concerns

Hmmm...... Perhaps some of the guys are on vacation. That would explain their absence. Man, I was away for almost two weeks on a vacation half a month ago.

As for Space Marine sprites, those aren't on the list as of yet. The Cadians are still about 20% done (the new snipers, lieutenants, Kasrkin, heavy weapon squads and assault weapons are still in the drawingboard.) DB is also working on the sprited version of a XV-8 Crisis Battlesuit which is operated by the Tau. (After Imperial Guard Tau are my favorites, must be the killer robot suits and anime style weapons. But then again, I do have about 7 sentinels in my army) I'll try and get a sneak preview of it this evening along the wanderer sprite he's working on. See it as mix between a rogue trader and a inquisitor.

Lt. Brookman

+++ HERESY BEGETS RETRIBUTION +++

+++ Transmission ends +++

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-08 16:32:42

I present to you stuff! Sprited stuff to be exact. Featured on this small picture are the right arm of the Tau Crisis Battlesuit (It's armed with a Fusionblaster, the equivilant of the Imperial meltagun), a grenade launcher with the hands that are supposed to hold it and a NCO issued laspistol.

These almost complete the Cadian armory (with only the plasmagun, plasmapistol, meltagun, lascannon, autocannon, mortar, heavy bolter, missile launcher, sword, powersword, powerfist, hellpistol, hellgun, shotgun and sniper rifle to go! And for those noting, no bolters. Games Workshop has removed the bolter from the IG armory, only boltpistols remain there. They wish to make the bolter Space Marine exclusive! Just like the IG has the lasgun.) When the armory and other characters are complete, he'll shift to the spicey stuff, such as the creation of tanks and flyers. Don't worry, there will be a Land Raider Mk. III, Rhino Mk. II, Thunderhawk, battlewagon, warbike, talos and perhaps even, dare I say, a Warhound Titan?

Signing off,

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-08 17:24:03

The wanderer! He is a mysterious traveller who appears out nowhere. His intentions are unknown...

The Inquisition at work! The arch enemy is rooted deep within us! They have even infested the holy librairy of Skotas! Acolyte Sharben is seen here battling for his life against a unseen foe. We pray for his life and safe return with valueble information.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-08 21:11:00

The wanderer would make an exellent sig pic.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-09 07:43:46

At 8/8/03 02:24 PM, -MOLE- wrote:

*shivers* But if they did make warhammer 40k a movie, an got like good sci fi directors, an sum war movie directors, maybe they could make sumthin real good, like this generations 'Star Wars' or sumthin.

MAybe its just me, but the new generation of Star Wars movies, though they are graphically great looking, are more touchy feely then the other three. I know that emotion is important, but not in a sence of "Oh Anakin... Oh Pad-me... Oh Anakin... Oh Pad-me... Oh Anakin... Oh Pad-me... etc." They better not screw up episode three by turning the clones into stormtroopers, that would be whacked sh*t...

Ah, and for the on topic news: Cadian pyromanical crews have been spotted with the new 3rd edition flamethrowers. (Please note that the blue thingy on the nozzle of the first guy is the pilot flame.) The way things are looking is great, soon the entire Cadian range will be sprite-ified!

I've been trying flash for a while now, and I think I'll ditch my attempts at creating movies for now. Schools coming up once more, so I can't put all my efforts into it. I'm thinking doing something else with the sprites in the meantime, and that is of yet classified with a Magenta level clearance.

Last note: All Cadian and Wanderer sprites are copyrighted to Dorkboy. (Two can play it at that game GW!)

Lt. Brookman

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-09 16:37:22

I guess you mean the 40K game called Final Liberation? That was a great game with some good cinametics. Especially Commissar Holst... Funny, commissars are just like Darth Vader. They all say before the execution of a officer: I find yhour lack of faith disturbing.

Also, you guys might wanna check out this site, it has some good looking 40K art.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-10 08:18:16

Greetings,

I know that almost everybody in his 40K army has a model that represents himself on the tabletop. I've been wondering if any of you guys would state the models name (cause not everybody is as stupid as me to name a model after himself!), wargear and model (such as Abaddon with sword replaced with flail or Eldar Warlock 3) used for the representation. Pics would also be nice, 'cause Dorkboy has started spriting and can't be stopped. And pics are a helpfull reference. I thought it would be cool if had sprited versions of 'you' for my special project.

So sound of, if I get enough (I'm even happy with 2 or 3 requests) requests, I'll fire up my project and reveal it you all.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-13 17:37:15

I'm still looking for a model that I like, though the librarians look tempting.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-08-14 07:25:03

Ok, back from the battlefield.

Special character ? Well I planned to do the conversion of Commander Arsh after painting half of my army, so it will be done for the 28... 28th millenium.

So I'll describe you in text :
Dark grey power armor almost black) with jump pack and a pair of lightning claw. There is a storm bolter mounted in the left one. After that you're free.