00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

picapip just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,544 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 05:31:17

I've seen a screenshot of three Baneblades piling in on a mob of Chaos Marines. Which is good news, as we can have multiple super heavy tanks.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 10:25:44

At 2/19/05 05:31 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: I've seen a screenshot of three Baneblades piling in on a mob of Chaos Marines. Which is good news, as we can have multiple super heavy tanks.

Link plzkthnx.

Anyways, anyone got a Dawn of War online clan/group? If not, how about we start one?

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com

Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 11:37:07

At 2/19/05 10:25 AM, Lord_IndustrialDarth wrote: Anyways, anyone got a Dawn of War online clan/group? If not, how about we start one?

I'd join, as long as I didn't have to change my username online. I suck at Dawn of War though. I've been practicing on skirmishes with the Eldar though. *Shudder* and if I hadn't gotten the Avatar first my ass woulda been kicked.

And since I know nothing of imperial guard, except they get Ogryns, what is a baneblade or whatever this tank Brookman is talknig about is called? No, I know one other thing about Guardsmen, they have an unholy love of tanks.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 12:29:02

At 2/19/05 11:37 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote:
And since I know nothing of imperial guard, except they get Ogryns, what is a baneblade or whatever this tank Brookman is talknig about is called? No, I know one other thing about Guardsmen, they have an unholy love of tanks.

A serious HUGE tank.

P.S Just downloaded the Cadian Inquisition mod. Now I can play as IMPERIAL GUARD on DoW!!!! =D It's a free totally great mod. Just mind the fact they repeate the same models for the units, and change stats a little.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-19 21:51:23

At 2/19/05 12:29 PM, Lord_IndustrialDarth wrote:
baneblade
A serious HUGE tank.

Has any one played against a baneblade? Since I have played against one in a 4 way battle a few years ago in 3rd edit. I watched it destroy an enemies Rhino, with Cpt Tyco and honour guard inside with a single battlecannon shot and then train other weapons on my Devestator squad, damn the pain...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 09:06:09

Wonko, allow me to tell you about the mechanical wonder of Mars that we all call the Baneblade.

Imagine a Land Raider, only heavier, slower and a whole lot taller and sturdier. Throw in a crew of ten (Three gunners, three loaders, driver, enginseer, vox operator and a commander) and start counting the weapons:

One turret-mounted mega-battle cannon with coaxial autocannon, three twin-linked heavy bolters, two are stationed in the massive side sponsons that are topped with a lascannon, the third is above the drivers position, next to the hull-mounted Demolisher cannon. Oh, and sometimes the commander has a pintle-mounted heavy bolter for anti-infantry problems.

Oh, in game terms this baby has three structure points, which is almost the same as wounds, only for vehicles, making them more durable then a pathetic Land Raider!

Whats even better, with the DoW expansion we won't be limited to just one, we could probable take up to four of these beasts and plenty of troops!

On a different note, how far do you people go into naming your mini's? Do you only name the characters, or do you name each and every one of the troops?

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 09:44:58

At 2/19/05 09:51 PM, RasberryCoke wrote:
Has any one played against a baneblade?

Played against one? Pah! I've played WITH ONE! It totally single handedly crushed everything it touched. =D In.c not one, but TWO land raiders (Land Raider, and a Crusader variant) in a huge 4vs4 battle in my local store. Fuck yeah, it rawks.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 09:46:09

At 2/20/05 09:06 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:
On a different note, how far do you people go into naming your mini's? Do you only name the characters, or do you name each and every one of the troops?

I name the commanders, sergeants and liutenants. Any kind of officer, CO or NCO, is named, and any squads are named after their commanding unit (liutenant or sergeant.)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 13:20:18

At 2/20/05 09:06 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote:

ive been trying to come up with names for my SM scout kill team. ive painted them with a camoflauge scheme but ive been slacking off on the painting the last few months

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 14:11:37

At 2/20/05 09:06 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: On a different note, how far do you people go into naming your mini's? Do you only name the characters, or do you name each and every one of the troops?

Only my main commander, meh, laziness.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-20 17:54:39

At 2/20/05 02:11 PM, -Minothor- wrote: Only my main commander, meh, laziness.

Back when I played Ragnar Blackmane or Bjorn Thunderfist (I had the models for both) were my main commanders, so they already had names, so I didn't name anyone. Except for one time I found an old 'Nid genestealer in my friends house and named him Bob. And stuck him on the back of his Vindicator.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-21 05:05:16

At 2/20/05 09:06 AM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: Wonko, allow me to tell you about the mechanical wonder of Mars that we all call the Baneblade.

Imagine a Land Raider, only heavier, slower and a whole lot taller and sturdier. Throw in a crew of ten (Three gunners, three loaders, driver, enginseer, vox operator and a commander) and start counting the weapons:

One turret-mounted mega-battle cannon with coaxial autocannon, three twin-linked heavy bolters, two are stationed in the massive side sponsons that are topped with a lascannon, the third is above the drivers position, next to the hull-mounted Demolisher cannon. Oh, and sometimes the commander has a pintle-mounted heavy bolter for anti-infantry problems.

I'm salavating on my keyboard, oh for some super heavies to grace the armies of Seigg...

I'm planning on naming all of my troopers and painting them on the bottom of the bases, after finishing the army. right now though, i've only named my commissar, commander, and priest (who is actually an inquisitor henchman. they look cooler as priests in an imp g army.)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-21 08:12:21

I'm in the process of naming all my men, even the crews of my vehicles.

I also plan on using a henchman as a priest later, but not a ponsy witch hunter acolyte with book and speakerstaff, nay! I've gotten my hands on a Daemonhunters Zealot complete with eviscerator and ruffled beard!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-21 08:17:36

excuse me here.

i am literate, and so i understand tis club is pointed thoward the warhammer 40 000 part of the great citaged games, but ofr a member here is it possible to discuss other game than that

so basicaly i'm asking: is this only warhammer 40k club, or citadel miniatures club?

if i just made myself seem like an idiot one last dumb question:
if not here, where than shall i got char warhammer fantacy?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-21 20:39:17

At 2/21/05 08:17 AM, PhoenixFox wrote: so basicaly i'm asking: is this only warhammer 40k club, or citadel miniatures club?

if i just made myself seem like an idiot one last dumb question:
if not here, where than shall i got char warhammer fantacy?

ned speelingf chehcker? lol j/k

this is a club geared towards 40k but you may find some fantasy players but i personally dont play fantasy. i would ask around the club and quite possibly start a WHF club.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-21 22:28:48

I AM BACK.....WITH CHOCOLATE....and Counter Strike.

Yes, I am rich. Thanks to my pants wearing egotism. Yay! I also have a new girlfriend.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-22 07:36:48

ok, thankyou for your commentries on my questions.
i belive there once was a WHF club, but it got locked i think.
ppl were told to come here.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-22 09:24:47

Just finished the first of many Russian Communist themed models for my Communist era-Russian IG force.

One SPETZNAZ Storm Trooper prototype!

Picture 1 http://img189.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img189&image=spetznaz12jd.png

Picture 2 http://img174.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img174&image=spetznaz24yv.png

Picture 3 http://img227.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img227&image=spetznaz37kr.png

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-23 05:00:07

At 2/22/05 07:36 AM, PhoenixFox wrote: ok, thankyou for your commentries on my questions.

Make it clear in the opening message that there is a difference between warhammer and warhammer 40,000. the moderators don't realise y'see

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-23 05:16:39

At 2/23/05 05:00 AM, SeedyKay wrote:
At 2/22/05 07:36 AM, PhoenixFox wrote: ok, thankyou for your commentries on my questions.
Make it clear in the opening message that there is a difference between warhammer and warhammer 40,000. the moderators don't realise y'see

thankyou for your assistance, incase there might be some problem with this, you mind posting a comment as a member of this club to support the making of a warhammer fantacy club?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-24 00:14:08

At 2/21/05 10:28 PM, Skull_leader wrote: I AM BACK.....WITH CHOCOLATE....and Counter Strike.

Yay (mumbles to self "I thought I was the only one who thought that this was the life") I am your friend *Chuckling ensures* Can I come over your house tonight?

I also have a new girlfriend.

If she has good loking friends you think I could have there number - i'll pay you money (conditions apply please see instore for details)

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-25 15:32:24

yea and make sure that friend has a hot sister so i can have a girl too lol

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-25 17:05:23

thankyou for your assistance, incase there might be some problem with this, you mind posting a comment as a member of this club to support the making of a warhammer fantacy club?

No probs, just drop me an e-mail when you get it started. i'll post to make sure there's no problems with it being considered to clash with this one. i think that's what killed the previous attempt.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-02-27 22:56:57

hey guys here in atlanta my gma passed away and her funeral today. another soul to live with the emperor....... anywhay i got a skull from my uncle bob (hes really into skulls and satan perhaps a follower of Khorne) and im going to make it into a servo skull ill post pics when i finish it.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 12:11:46

I am in. I collect imperial gaurd and enjoy making flash though i haven't summited any to ng. I agree, warhammer collectors should unite.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 12:35:58

At 2/25/05 05:05 PM, SeedyKay wrote:

No probs, just drop me an e-mail when you get it started. i'll post to make sure there's no problems with it being considered to clash with this one. i think that's what killed the previous attempt.

the club was DELETED, not locked and there was no posting to me or in the club for a reason.
but meh, i didn't get any replies on it anyway, so i guess not many ppl play warhammer fantasy on NG...

thanks anyway

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 13:45:51

Here's a little something that was recently used on a thread to demonstrate the inquisitions official line on Pokemon

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 13:47:04

whoops, didn't actually put it on! lol

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 23:53:30

At 3/2/05 01:45 PM, SeedyKay wrote: Here's a little something that was recently used on a thread to demonstrate the inquisitions official line on Pokemon

Does that count as a hug or a choke.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2005-03-02 23:59:04

The people who play Dawn of War piss me off. In the months I've owned the game I've only gotten to play 3 times online, because everyone kicks me because I've only played 3 times. And I don't want to go into "n00bs only" games because they always get filled of jackasses trying to raise their score by picking on n00bs. One time I even got kicked because I wanted to play as Space Marines and the jackass who created the game wanted to see more Ork players. Makes me wonder why I even bother.

BBS Signature