00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

XToriToriX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

298,372 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-06 20:14:46

Umm...hey, could i join? I don't know much about Warhammer, and i don't really have any figures or whatever they are, but i am interested, would like o learn more about it and i have considerable skill in Flash (I thought that mattered since you guys have a flash at the very start of this page.)

TheSilverSerpent: Kickin' it with a new kind of style.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-07 00:39:58

At 12/6/06 08:14 PM, TheSilverSerpent wrote: Umm...hey, could i join? I don't know much about Warhammer, and i don't really have any figures or whatever they are, but i am interested, would like o learn more about it and i have considerable skill in Flash (I thought that mattered since you guys have a flash at the very start of this page.)

Welcome, SilverSerpent. It's me Jake, you know, from the Star Wars club?

I can summarize the entire idea of 40k if you want.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-07 04:54:31

At 12/6/06 04:41 PM, Orcinator wrote:
At 12/6/06 08:01 AM, Coop83 wrote: 16 Stikk Bommaz;
Wait, Stikk Bommaz?

What do you use them for?

In the battle report, I failed to detail that the enemy had no less than 5 tanks and one dreadnought. However, since they got wiped out by the Chaplain's unit, they were almost as innefective as the Vulcha Boyz

I and a lot of people don't like Stikk Bommaz because thayre just sluggas without the choppas, also more expensive in points. Personaly the best that the Stikk Bommaz are for is being "count as" Tankbustas.

Well, I can only put it down to me liking the look of the models and the fact that I had absolutely no experience as a 40k general before buying the horde

Well my 1500 ork army is just 3 almost max size slugga mobs, 20 ard boys including nob, and my cardboard battle wagon for the ard' boyz.

After opening a miscelaneous box, I discovered I now have 4 more Ard boys, which will be used to beef up that unit until I get another box full come New Year

Basically I take 3 rokkits or big shootas for my mobs and just sloggin it to the enemy battle line. I mount my battle wigon with 5 bolt on big shootas which combined with the nob's big shootas and the nob's kustom blasta yields up to 26 S5 shots. Even orks can kill sommink with dat much Dakka!

Hence why those two boxes of Ork Boys are going to be shoota boyz

Or I just try to sneak up with it and cause some carnage in the enemy battle line so the stand and shoot tactic doesn't work (too well) which was beutifully demonstrated in my lil battle report on pg. 114 of this thread

Bloody Morkas! Only one way to fight - lotsa noise and lotsa orks!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-07 18:42:09

At 12/6/06 06:37 PM, Maiden4ever wrote: i dont really play Warhammer but i have some Ork models but not painted...
but i really like the universe and i play Dawn of War and stuff

fave race after doing a bit of reading: Necron
may i please join

You don't really have to ask anymore, just post.
And thank you for giving me a flash!

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-07 21:42:11

Does anybody have any Warhammer 40,000 sprites that they made? I would like to use them in a flash.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-07 23:27:03

nvm I'm making my own.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 01:50:59

At 12/7/06 09:09 PM, Mr-Crawford wrote: Been awhile since I've been here?

I'm getting an extra dreadnought and command squad for X-Mas =D

I'm getting a hellhound and a rulebook and the codex imperial guard.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 04:20:19

At 12/8/06 01:50 AM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote:
At 12/7/06 09:09 PM, Mr-Crawford wrote: Been awhile since I've been here?

I'm getting an extra dreadnought and command squad for X-Mas =D
I'm getting a hellhound and a rulebook and the codex imperial guard.

I'm spending my 9 days of Xmas holiday with my girlfriend painting my already constructed models, while I prime some more orks on the sprues, giving her a better chance of painting some fine detail before I assemble them

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 09:29:13

If there is ever one thing I have come to regret, it's hosting a writing contest with the actual hope of it being good. But hope is for the stupid, I should've known better. Every entry is killing me a little on the inside. "Lookit me, I'ma writing a novel! Checkit, mah novel idea! Yeehaw, novel idea right here!" Imperator have mercy already, have my sins been that bad that I am being punished in such a degrading way. But that's what you get for being the sole judge of the contest.

I'm feeling freaky today, how about one of you giving me an original idea for a story and I'll see what I can crank out. I'm looking at ideas in both 40k and Fantasy, I'm that freaky today.

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 10:02:12

At 12/8/06 09:29 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: I'm feeling freaky today, how about one of you giving me an original idea for a story and I'll see what I can crank out. I'm looking at ideas in both 40k and Fantasy, I'm that freaky today.

Well, if you want to submit something for critique, the Late Night Lounge and Writer's Guilds would both love to offer their services

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 10:48:39

No, I am just looking for an idea to write about, something original provided by the members here.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 11:07:00

At 12/8/06 10:48 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: No, I am just looking for an idea to write about, something original provided by the members here.

Ok, after an experiment by imperial forces, a Space Marine finds his mind has been transferred into the body of an Ork. He must come to terms with living life as an Ork and must either work undercover for the greatness of the Emperor or submit to the draw of the Waaargh!

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-08 11:47:24

Too far fetched and unrealistic.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 05:13:46

At 12/8/06 11:47 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Too far fetched and unrealistic.

How 'bout the life of a lowly guardsman from the second he was born to the second he dies?

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 10:03:47

The chaos warlord saw the battle progress with glee, seeing his own warriors prevailing against the stalwart defenders of the Empire. Soon his numbers and vile magicks would turn the tide, running the weak men of the South from the field of battle. Then the conquest would begin in earnest. His attention was pulled away from the battle and to a close by hill top where his sorcerer stood. Stood was the proper wording as the sorcerer exploded in a loud and gore splattering bang.

Did the spell backfire? Did the fickle gods abandon them? Did the fool overextend his will?

The warlord heard flapping over his head, followed by something landing on his helmet. He swatted and grabbed it in annoyance, seeing that a pigeon was in his mailed fist. His first thoughts were that it was a message carrier bird, mistakenly landing at the wrong side of the field of battle. Something however wasn't right about this bird though, as it had a small pouch attached to it's underside, with a fizzing cord running from it. One of his personal guards directed his attention to the skies, seeing flocks of pigeons descending upon the chaos horde.

Pigeons?!

That was the last thought as the fuse was at it's end and ignited the bomb attached to the pigeon, blowing the warlord and pigeon apart.

'Pigeons? My good man, are you touched in the head by any chance?' The master engineers looked at one another as the young engineer standing before them regained his breath from his amazing story of how his pigeons could change the course of warfare.

'No! Can't you see the brilliance of this plan? We use pigeons to bring death to Sigmar's foes from afar!' The young engineer had been brought before the masters after several complaints were giving about the large amount of droppings gathering on the statue of Leonardo and the roofs. That the university was sooth stained was quite normal, but covered in pigeon droppings? Preposterous. When asked about the pigeons, the young engineer revealed his project to his superiors in a tall tale.

One of the masters seemed to consider the idea, bringing up an important question: 'What about the fact that a pigeon will always return home? Or in this case, back to the owner?'

'Bah, details!' The engineer responded, crossing his arms defiantly.

The lead master-engineer turned to the peer to his left, then to his right. After a moment he turned his attention back to the engineer. 'Very well then, you may continue your experiments.' He dismissed the engineer, letting out a sigh as he closed the door behind him. One of his peers suppressed a giggle. 'I don't know about you Franz, but when was the last time you had a good laugh?'

'A good laugh indeed, but the whole idea? Preposterous!'

- Based on the idea of how Empire generals can now order their engineers to use bomb carrying pigeons in games of Warhammer Fantasy.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 13:19:20

At 12/9/06 11:23 AM, Dejanus wrote:
At 12/8/06 10:48 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: No, I am just looking for an idea to write about, something original provided by the members here.
A Termagaunt, seperated from the Hive Mind, becomes self-aware and begins to make it's own choices about which side it is on.

When the mind-link is severed smaller Tyrannic creatures show intelligence levels akin to goldfish or simple insects.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 15:01:39

At 12/9/06 02:24 PM, Dejanus wrote:
At 12/9/06 01:19 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote:
When the mind-link is severed smaller Tyrannic creatures show intelligence levels akin to goldfish or simple insects.
Damn. What about a Genestealer that becomes sympathetic to the humans it infiltrates?

A reversed scenario has already been written in a BL story in which a Callidus assassin becomes a Genestealer and infiltrates a brood, finding out what a brood can mean to other stealers.

In the same way, stealers revert to a more animal cunning when the link is severed to the hive mind or brood lord. Stealers are not dumb, but they have a limited cognitive level. They know how to hide, hunt, reproduce and spread from world to world, but beyond that not much floats inside their skulls.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 16:15:17

I am what the younger generation calls a "fluff-nazi". I frown upon things that clash with current fluff, background and other information.

While I'm at it:
- Begin of 2007 sees the release of the Dark Angels
- Somewhere in the middle of 2007 the Vampire Counts get a revamp
- End of 2007 sees the release of the new Orks
- I've heard some good news on the new "Armageddon" codex, which will allow you to field super-heavy vehicles and titans without your opponents consent, thus giving the FW-phobes a good ass raping they justly deserve
- As for the Dark Eldar, not even the GW employees care about them anymore

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 17:02:57

Dark Harlequins, they are an unofficial entry into the annals of 40k fluff, created by Agis Neugebauer who wanted to field a Harlequin army, but lacking a legal list resorted to using the Dark Eldar list as the parent list.

Dark Harlequins are nothing more then Dark lddar copying the style and garb of the Harlequins really.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 17:58:28

At 12/9/06 04:15 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: I am what the younger generation calls a "fluff-nazi". I frown upon things that clash with current fluff, background and other information.

While I'm at it:
- Begin of 2007 sees the release of the Dark Angels

That's good news for my Space Marine friend

- Somewhere in the middle of 2007 the Vampire Counts get a revamp

Still don't care about fantasy

- End of 2007 sees the release of the new Orks

I'm considering getting some Orks. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!

- I've heard some good news on the new "Armageddon" codex, which will allow you to field super-heavy vehicles and titans without your opponents consent, thus giving the FW-phobes a good ass raping they justly deserve

Now I can use a baneblade without permission!!

- As for the Dark Eldar, not even the GW employees care about them anymore

Really? Why not? At least their better than their gay-ass cousins.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 18:06:24

Still lacking a brain I see. Or perhaps at the very least an ounce of understanding that all armies are treated as equals here.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-09 21:14:32

At 12/9/06 06:06 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Still lacking a brain I see. Or perhaps at the very least an ounce of understanding that all armies are treated as equals here.

BUT TYRANIDZ ARE TEH BESTEST!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111

</sarcasm>

Also about fantasy I'm almost finished with putting togetherand converting my first box of Dark Elf warriors that are going to be my Wights.

Also if you check the art gallery you can see I have been desecrating some Warhammer art with Bedn

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-10 12:24:11

I'm getting all giddy about getting home and breaking open the Empire army deal box. If engineers can use bomb-carrying pigeons then the rest has to be just as good. Best of all, it's the perfect oppertunity for me to get a fix of building something again, it can be addicting.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-11 01:31:19

Also I would like to say that the art thread mentioned in my previous post needs more pictures from other people

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-11 08:54:21

At 12/9/06 05:58 PM, Jaketheclonetrooper wrote: Still don't care about fantasy

I used to be really into the fantasy aspect of the game, but my friends subverted me into the pre-GW games, like Dungeons & Dragons and historic battles (DBM etc)

At 12/9/06 04:15 PM, Lt-Brookman wrote: - End of 2007 sees the release of the new Orks

Oh boy, Becki's going to have fun painting even more for me... maybe I'll teach her how to play at some point...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-11 13:45:45

For the rest of this month, I and some friends will be designing our own spin-off game which we will then post on a lovely mini-site (to replace the now defunct 'MedV Video Reports' one)

Basically we'll be combining 40k zombies with various amusing new units and gameplay concepts. Should be a laugh and we'll keep you up to date on how it goes. If anyone has any good suggestions i'll gladly try and put them in and accredit your help.

So far we've removed space marines from the game, as your average zombie would be so vastly outmatched by a SpaceMarine as to make it pointless having them involved. It's mostly geared towards Guard PDF,Imperial Citizens, Arbites and SoB at the moment (we'll work on the guard and civvies first, then go from there) and we may later consider putting other races in.

One thing for certain, Chimeras will be there but are flippable in certain circumstances, and the chainsword will be a far more effective weapon...

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-11 14:13:16

If you make both the chain sword and shotgun rending weapons against zombies, then you truly are a hero of the internet.

I once had the idea of writing a series of linked scenarios about zombies and a crashed shuttle filled with Guardsmen trying to get out. I canned it as it was both a cliché of zombie scenarios and a blatant copy of the classic GW scenario "Night of the Plastic Dead".

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-14 10:24:14

At 12/8/06 11:47 AM, Lt-Brookman wrote: Too far fetched and unrealistic.

Fair enough, I'll have a go at it then. No sense in letting inspiration go to waste, is there?

Lone Wolf

“Ah, Surgeon-major, how is the patient this morning?” Lieutenant Brooks came striding into the medical centre, addressing the senior doctor at the facility with a pleased look on his face.

“Well, it’s hard to say as of yet, Lieutenant, we have him under rather heavy sedation, after all.” Surgeon-major John Horrocks looked over his half moon spectacles at the bulky lieutenant with a worried frown upon is face. “He’s gone through a lot in the past day.”

“I know, but he’s one of my best men. He’s pulled through whatever enemy forces could throw at him, so I’ll expect him to recover from this one as well! Can I see him?” The surgeon removed his glasses and tucked them into the top pocket of his white coat.

“Very well, we shall go and see him immediately.” He grabbed an electro-clipboard from its stand and walked off into the military hospital, flanked by the lieutenant, his long cape trailing behind him, exposing a chainsword and a large bolt-pistol.

Soon after, the two men arrived at a private room, guarded by two Space Wolf Marines, their blue-grey powered armour suits looking emotionless and impassive as they looked ahead into the mid-distance. As the surgeon-major and Lieutenant approached, they moved to attention and their guns lowered fractionally. The surgeon-major opened the door and led the Brooks into a small room with a plate glass window, overlooking a darkened room, full of monitoring equipment and a figure lying on the bed, unconscious.

“You realise that Trooper Connell was in a bad way when we received him, Lieutenant?”

“Yes, I do believe he had lost a lot of blood, surgeon-major.” Horrocks made a few notes on his clipboard before returning his attention to the Lieutenant.

“Amongst other things, Lieutenant, yes.” He presented his clipboard to the Lieutenant and looked at him, stone-faced. The Lieutenant read over the report which he had been presented with. The Lieutenant’s expression went from chirpy optimism to grave horror faster than a retreating army across a minefield.

“This… was sanctioned by the Imperial Command?” Brooks turned toward the surgeon-major, looking forlorn.

“It was, yes. Trooper Connell’s body was too badly damaged for him to make any sort of recovery, although the life support systems of his power suit kept his brain alive perfectly. This was such a situation that Imperial Command was awaiting and one of their clauses kicked in. As far as I am aware, Trooper Connell still lives.”

“How can you be sure? I mean that’s not Connell’s body down there, just his brain in…” Brooks’ voice trailed off, unwilling to finish off the sentiment.

“In the body of an Ork, Lieutenant. When you think about it, can you imagine what we could do with our troops having the super-tough bodies of the Orks? They are mindless killing machines, we are much more efficient. Should this experiment go well, we will have set a precedent, Lieutenant.” The surgeon-major turned to the darkened room and turned the lights up a little, allowing the two men to regard the Ork body lying on the bed, a row of fresh stitches across it’s head. “He’s been off life support since about five hours after surgery. Considering the massive trauma he has gone through, he’s made great progress… Why don’t you come back tomorrow, when we try to wake him up?”

“Yes… that will be an education.”

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-14 17:02:08

Too many inconsistancies with the current fluff.

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2006-12-14 20:52:16

Hey cool! I'm in!

My imaginary friend just beat up your imaginary friend

:3 =P

BBS Signature