00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bossfuratu just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most believable religion

14,631 Views | 223 Replies

Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:44:25

Okay, lets just say every religion has its flaws whether it is Christianity, where is heaven and all that sh*t? And well I, find it way off...

THe scientific theory has the major flaw of how did one cell creatures evolve.

As Earths smartest scientist ever (I think) Albert einstien once said.

"No matter how big We are, their must be a superior being out there"

And well he is right, how did the Universe start, and who did it. My belief, is christianity an Muslim are both wrong. What I think is closest is Budism okay I know that is weird but think about it. We re-incarnate and all that. But then again, there is the flaw of where is heaven and how do we re-incarnate.

Anywho, what do you think is the most accurate religion, scientific theory IS an option...

Now anyone who has a different belief than you, don't start a flame war, I just want an inteligent conversation...

I still haven't forgiven the asians for pearl harbor.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:46:08

Islam.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:48:39

At 4/25/06 06:46 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Islam.

i agree it has been around for ages and has the most detailed bible

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:49:52

Well, I guess I take maybe a Hinduist approach to religion. That all religions (Christianity, Islam, etc.) followed well and with good moral actions lead toward a common good goal, eternal peace. Basically each religion is an individual path, one path may not be right for you while a different one may be.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:50:11

Blagadoodle

( what is blagadoodlism?)

Blagadoodlism: "The religion centered around science and buritos. Everything we need to answer can be answered by blagadoodlism better than with other religions. You shall have faith in the text tube".

Mine wins.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:51:38

Deism is the only one that makes sense to me.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 18:55:26

At 4/25/06 06:48 PM, MattMan1 wrote:

It stole and distorted all its stuff fromthe Bible.

Christianity.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 19:02:05

At 4/25/06 06:55 PM, afliXion wrote:
It stole and distorted all its stuff fromthe Bible.

That's not true. It only took the stuff that was true in the Bible and then clarified all the falsehoods in it.

Christianity.

If you believe that an Absolute, Omnipotent and Omnipresent Supernatural Being can feel pain, sure.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 19:04:02

I'm going to with Beatleism.

It is the worship of the Beatles, thier messages and how they are the messiah to the new world.

Likewise, When John Lennon died, our sins were purged.
When George Harrison died, Beatlemania was in reach.
When Ringo dies, Paradise will be in view.
When Paul dies, it is the sign for the apocolypse.

So sayeth, Billy Shears.

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 19:10:03

At 4/25/06 07:04 PM, YankeeFli wrote:

Shit, get this man into the carbon-freezing chamber and quick!

I ordered some DVDs from amazon and I want to watch them before the apocalypse.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 19:10:45

Islam != Christianity. Bible != Koran (Quran, or however it is spelled). Saying that Islam ripped off of the Bible is like saying that Protestant denominations are cheap ripoffs of Catholicism. Or that Buddhism is a ripoff of Hinduism. Islam is definitely influenced by Christianity or Judaism to an extent, but it didn't rip off elements. If anything, the Islamic religion might have address what they felt were faults in Christianity to formulate their own belief system.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-25 19:13:16

At 4/25/06 07:10 PM, -poxpower- wrote:
At 4/25/06 07:04 PM, YankeeFli wrote:

Shit, get this man into the carbon-freezing chamber and quick!

No need to worry yet, Ringo will die first.

I ordered some DVDs from amazon and I want to watch them before the apocalypse.

What.

As I am still a geek, I'm waiting for my Red vs Blue season 3 DVD and my Seargent Pepper's Lonely Heart Club Band

Between the idea And the reality

Between the motion And the act, Falls the Shadow

An argument in Logic

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 02:50:40

Zoroastrianism is the best. Christianity, Judeism and Islam all stole from Zoroastrianism.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 03:17:09

At 4/26/06 02:50 AM, Dr_Arbitrary wrote: Zoroastrianism is the best. Christianity, Judeism and Islam all stole from Zoroastrianism.

I believe Freddy Mercury was a devout Zoroastrian

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 03:25:26

At 4/25/06 07:02 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:
If you believe that an Absolute, Omnipotent and Omnipresent Supernatural Being can feel pain, sure.

The denominations are still fighting about whether Jesus was divine or not.

There are sparse instances where Yeshua Bar Yosef seems to presume divinity for himself.

"Before Abraham was born, I am" (Gospel of John)

Was he divine? I dunno. I'll probably ask him after I kick off.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 04:30:35

My religion is more hardcore than your religion...

Most believable religion

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 05:17:27

Islam was created for political gain, some arab king needed a large army so he created the ideas and they were forcedly accepted. Islam is a joke. Budhism is a much better religion.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 06:07:32

At 4/25/06 06:50 PM, -poxpower- wrote: Blagadoodlism

i was gonna say science but i like burritos :)

oh and several single celled organisms formed into colonies to form the first multi cellualr organism and things just went from there.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 09:46:25

At 4/25/06 06:44 PM, yoddtacos wrote: As Earths smartest scientist ever (I think) Albert einstien once said.
"No matter how big We are, their must be a superior being out there"

Just because someone says something does not make it true. Sorry.

What I think is closest is Budism

I like Buddhism as a religion, but you believe it to be closest on the subject of the creation of the Universe? The Vedic texts describe that God exhales, and countless numbers of universes are created from the pores in His skin. Then as He inhales, they are brought back into His body and become unmanifest again until the time of His next outward breath (Wikipedia) This is more believable to you than an ex nihilo creation?

okay I know that is weird but think about it. We re-incarnate and all that. But then again, there is the flaw of where is heaven and how do we re-incarnate.

Basically, you have an Atman within you (a Western approximation would be 'soul'). When you die, your Atman is set free to find a new body. Sometimes the Atman has to wait many hundreds of years. After a while, if you get enough good karma, your Atman reaches Moksha, which is basically Nivarna.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 09:51:00

At 4/25/06 07:04 PM, YankeeFli wrote: I'm going to with Beatleism.

It is the worship of the Beatles, thier messages and how they are the messiah to the new world.

Likewise, When John Lennon died, our sins were purged.
When George Harrison died, Beatlemania was in reach.
When Ringo dies, Paradise will be in view.

So sayeth, Billy Shears.

I'm in. The Beatles are the four horseman of the apocalypse according to Charlie Manson, and their Jesus like message of peace and long hair is a constant reminder of their holyness.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 10:39:15

At 4/25/06 07:02 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:

Why the heck not? If he's all powerful he could feel anything, probably including things we couldn't like radio waves if he wanted.

I think most people who aren't decided on a religion who ends up choosing Buddhism just chooses it because it sounds cool. Wouldn't it be neat if life had no real purpose except to determine how your next life would be? Come on people, I avoid being disrespectful to any belief or religion but get real.

If you want to believe in the coolest religion where you'll end up in the best place despite being a jerk I think you should go for Mormonism. Despite it being a fairly stringent religion (no alcohol, no premarital sex, no smoking, 3 hours of chruch every week, etc.) LDS people belive there are 3 degrees of glory (or heavens basically), with the lowest of the three being really really good which of course would make the top one that much better! So even if you're a wicked turd you'll still end up in a pretty good place. The only way you go to "Hell", refered to as "Outer Darkness", is to be really really really bad, were talking like Adolf Hitler bad or something like that.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 12:34:52

Scientology. life should be based around being a weird ass all the time.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 12:41:12

At 4/26/06 12:34 PM, metalmonkey1 wrote: Scientology. life should be based around being a weird ass all the time.

Damnit, I was going to say that.

Greek Pantheon. Maybe it's not believable, but it's definitely the best. Though the neighbours often complain when I sacrifice a goat on my roof - I can't afford a proper altar. :(

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 12:46:03

humans are not that special we are just highly evolved creatures with the ability to understand our surrounding i am not going to deny that there may be a higher being because i dont know. Its fasinating to think there may be something higher but maybe the theory of something coming from nothing exists I have ponders these questions before i have gone to bed. So i dont know all religion has its reasons to exist i just am not sure which one is real?

Michael Garza Show is on YouTube - Rumble - Spotify

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 17:51:25

At 4/26/06 05:17 AM, Guitarmy wrote:
Islam was created for political gain,

That's a pretty bold statement. Lets see what facts you have to support it.

some arab king needed a large army so he created the ideas and they were forcedly accepted.

So basically you're just making up ideas right?
Muhammad was already part of a wealthy and powerful tribe. Why would he risk his status, wealth and life for Islam, unless he thought it was right? If anything if he wanted to be a large army he would've stayed put.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 17:54:45

Any religion with an all-powerful being is easily argued with a paradox question, most famous being "Can <insert god here> make a rock so heavy that even <same god> can't lift it?"

No religion is most believable, unless its made in modern times, bases itself off science, and explains the loose ends and debatable issues.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 18:21:19

All religions are correct if followed to there fullist extent.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 19:44:49

At 4/26/06 07:36 PM, Reverend_Kyle wrote: Einstein was an atheist.

Actually, Einstein was an agnostic. But you can believe what ever you want.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 19:51:21

Anyway, I still believe scientific theory. But it is just a point I like to ponder. I thought of this subject when I was in the Gym lol thats a weird place to start.

Does anyone know the WHOLE explanation on the big bang theory, from what I hear it sounds believable, but I havent heard all that much...

lol -poxpower- is awesome!

I still haven't forgiven the asians for pearl harbor.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 20:15:46

Beatlism

lol. that almost makes sense. Did you make that up???

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature