00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

HoshieHinn just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most believable religion

14,629 Views | 223 Replies

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 20:23:48

At 4/26/06 09:46 AM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote: Basically, you have an Atman within you (a Western approximation would be 'soul'). When you die, your Atman is set free to find a new body. Sometimes the Atman has to wait many hundreds of years. After a while, if you get enough good karma, your Atman reaches Moksha, which is basically Nivarna.

Finally, some one is saying something worth replying to. I believe in Dharma and Hinduism. Preferredly called Sinatan Dharma (spelling may be off). I believe that there are many pathways to Dharma, and the paths/directions on the paths are religions. Some religions take the long way to Dharm, and some take the more direct way. It is hard to tell, because we haven't talked to God like the Christians and Muslims have. (that was a joke) But anyways, the only logic-based religion is Hinduism, and more specifically, if you don't agree, read the Vedas and other Hindu scriptures. Uless you know about my religion, and not just how some specific weirdos parctive it dont even bother to try to respond to this post. If you do and can contribute something, I encourage you. ALso, I will set up some links to help prove my point.

NGMAC

NG Naruto RP Crew

PM me Sig Requests

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 21:43:53

At 4/25/06 06:44 PM, yoddtacos wrote: Okay, lets just say every religion has its flaws whether it is Christianity, where is heaven and all that sh*t? And well I, find it way off...

Heaven is a spiriutal place not a phyisical one. So is hell.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 21:46:05

At 4/25/06 06:55 PM, afliXion wrote:
At 4/25/06 06:48 PM, MattMan1 wrote:
At 4/25/06 06:46 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Islam.
i agree it has been around for ages and has the most detailed bible
It stole and distorted all its stuff from the Bible.

Christianity.

Amen Brother

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 22:49:01

Bokonon

they belive in temas, called a Karass, which are created to do God's will
these Karass are made of random people that you meet in your life and you all
work together for a common goal

its pretty kool and it doens't seem to disagree with chirstianinty, its more like another branch i'm readin about it in Cats Cradle

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-26 22:49:07

At 4/26/06 10:05 PM, Grammer wrote: I say Christianity is the most believeable, but that's just my opinion.

There's a couple things I find philosophically and theologically contradictory.

1) Jesus' divinity: there are far too many issues that make Jesus' divinity too unbelievable. The nature of God, for one: can God be a man? Can God feel pain? Theoretically, sure. God can do anything. But it is hard for me to believe that God would deviate from his plan to contact men.

2) Christianity's Jesus v. the Grand plan: God has a constant history of sending prophets to lead and communicate his message with the populace. It is way easier to believe that Jesus is a prophet for this reason, especially considering that many prophets had magical abilities.

3) Jesus didn't start Christianity: Christianity was started by the apostle Paul. Jesus spent his entire life as a Jew and died as a practicing Jew, and if he were intending to start a brand new social movement I believe he would have created one.

4) Paul's message is completely muddled: Showing the least foresight out of any real Prophet in the Jewish and Christian Bibles, as well as the Qur'an, Paul actually believed that the world was going to end within his lifetime. He told people to even stop marrying if they could, since bringing new offspring into the world would be in vain. I still don't understand why this gaping mistake didn't undermine his credibility to the point of irrelevance.

I don't think it's a bad religion. I just believe that Islam is more believable.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 01:37:28

Definately I think the most believable religion in the world would have to be Murphyism. The belief that Murphy's Law is the only true absolute and is the cause of all problems in the world. The only way to go on with life is to accept whatever goes wrong and write it off as Murphy's law in action.

Just remember - a Smith and Wesson beats 4 aces and that you should always believe in something, I believe I'll have another drink.

Most believable religion

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 08:52:31

I am furious that MoralLibertarian left. (besides the point, I know.)

Anyway, a religion only has to be consistently right in the things it says about itself to be believable.

So, I'm going with Catholicism.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 12:15:06

At 4/27/06 08:52 AM, Steel_Reserve wrote: I am furious that MoralLibertarian left. (besides the point, I know.)

What?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 12:20:16

At 4/25/06 06:48 PM, MattMan1 wrote:
At 4/25/06 06:46 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Islam.
i agree it has been around for ages and has the most detailed bible

The more detail it gets, the less probably it is. Most religious people don't understand this.

I'd probably push for buddhism. There are some forms of Paganism which are pretty down to earth.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 12:50:20

At 4/27/06 12:15 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:
What?

Oh, I took you seriously when you said you were sick of this forum.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 13:02:28

ML. you may feel more at home here - http://www.libertyunites.us/

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 13:38:40

At 4/27/06 01:02 PM, Penal_Disturbance wrote: ML. you may feel more at home here - http://www.libertyunites.us/

That links not doing anything for me. Literally.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 13:52:19

uh i think science is the most realistic because its right but i still believe in god and stuff

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 13:58:37

Taoism. Mainly just cause I'm interested in it right now, and since no one mentioned it yet.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 14:49:32

i think that jesus said that we should have no rules, so íf that is what's wrong in the eyes of the islam.. then they should fuck off.

Judaism has many rules.
Jesus said that those we're bullshit
then muhammed said that there should be many rules..
Why would god turn something back?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 15:53:17

At 4/27/06 01:38 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:
At 4/27/06 01:02 PM, Penal_Disturbance wrote: ML. you may feel more at home here - http://www.libertyunites.us/
That links not doing anything for me. Literally.

I was able to open it with internet explorer.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 16:26:47

At 4/27/06 02:49 PM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote: Jesus said that those we're bullshit

Sorry, he did not. If anything Jesus reaffirmed the many rules by following them and therefore leading by example. He stressed righteous living and morality just as much as he stressed love for one another. What makes Jesus seem unique are the teachings that he emphasized. Many Pharisees believed that men born with blindness suffered from their parents' sin, and Jesus challenged that. But that belief of the Pharisees has nothing to do with the original Jewish Bible or God's original teachings.

It was Paul who said that laws did not matter, but even his teachings were contradictory and hypocritical. His point was that man cannot live by the laws all the time, and therefore they are irrelevant: just repent and you will be saved. But he's not exactly consistent on this point: read about what he has to say about circumcision. He can't make up his mind.

Basically, Paul thought the world was going to end, and he wanted to stress repentance over law.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 16:34:08

Yeah, and I know that matter can be destroyed to make energy, but until I see it the other way around, the Big Bang = bullshit.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 17:28:13

At 4/25/06 06:51 PM, GunCrave wrote: Deism is the only one that makes sense to me.

Right on, man. I don't like the idea of an "all-knowing, all-seeing master". Although Beatleism does intrigue me....

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 18:09:02

At 4/26/06 10:49 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote:
3) Jesus didn't start Christianity: Christianity was started by the apostle Paul.

Yes, that's true, Moral, but Christians believe Yeshua Bar Josef was ressurected from the dead, and therefore had the ability to communicate his message to people as he saw fit.

We (Christians) believe that Paul was instructed by Jesus to convert the gentiles to the religion Jesus Christ established.

Whether you choose to believe the ressurection is, of course, up to you, but it the ministry of Paul makes sense in that context.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 19:13:12

At 4/27/06 07:03 PM, Reverend_Kyle wrote:
At 4/26/06 07:44 PM, GunCrave wrote:
At 4/26/06 07:36 PM, Reverend_Kyle wrote: Einstein was an atheist.
Actually, Einstein was an agnostic. But you can believe what ever you want.
Whatever he was, I strongly doubt he said what the original poster suggested that... he might have said.

http://www.positivea../quotes/einstein.htm

Funny, in none of those quotes I read all Einstein did was critizie the major religion's version of God, yet he did not come out and say "I don't believe in a god of any sort or higher power."

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 20:25:33

My preference would be satanism. one the oldest relegions to exist.
if you disagree, let me point a few things out. In any normal religion, there is
(usually) a good god/deity, and all his/her/it's followers. And to help convert sheep,
er, i mean followers, there is usually an anti-god/deity which is given a very bad
history and representation, and usually, only the wicked and cursed and damned are sent to him/her/it for going against the good god/deity. and there will be that small percentage that will choose to worship the bad god/deity out of rebellion, or just plain evil.

as long as there is a positive god with good followers, there will always be the negative god, with with bad followers. it is the only way to control the balance of good and evil. of course, the only way to truly create an ultimate and perfect peace/union of good evil, you'd have to destroy absolutely everything. in my opinion.

and, a little tidbit of info for everyone out there, paganism is the very first religeon.
there is proof.
one word:
DRUIDS.
if what all the different bible's (and other religeos texts) timelines say, and compared to the religeon of other cultures,
you'll actually find that the occult and related are amongst the oldest documented.
WAY older than the usual stuff you run into, such as buddhism and christianity.
I welcome any and all criticism to the things i have said above, and encorage
you to do your research, if any, thoroughly.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 20:46:14

At 4/25/06 06:44 PM, yoddtacos wrote: Anywho, what do you think is the most accurate religion, scientific theory IS an option...

Finally!!! Someone finally admits that science and religion are intertwined.

As far as accurate religions, I guess I don't really seek to compare them. I guess if I have to answer, at the core I believe Christianity is because at the end of the day it's what I believe in devoutly. Doesn't mean I don't believe in science, I just don't look to mankind for answers of absolution; a matter of preference I suppose.

I must lollerskate on this matter.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 21:06:38

At 4/25/06 06:44 PM, yoddtacos wrote:

And well he is right, how did the Universe start, and who did it. My belief, is christianity an Muslim are both wrong. What I think is closest is Budism okay I know that is weird but think about it. We re-incarnate and all that. But then again, there is the flaw of where is heaven and how do we re-incarnate.

technially in science terms we did reincarnated, if the universe is a infitnium sphere then we could one of many universes

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 21:30:25

At 4/27/06 08:52 AM, Steel_Reserve wrote: I am furious that MoralLibertarian left. (besides the point, I know.)

Anyway, a religion only has to be consistently right in the things it says about itself to be believable.

So, I'm going with Catholicism.

So basicly Christianity. I'll say Bible Christians who follow the Bible and don't add in extra stuff like holy water

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 21:39:39

As I read through these posts, I am so glad there are people actually supporting Islam. I really lost all hope of finding people that won't make fun of it.
I think Islam makes the most sense.

1.There was somebody that the Qur'an copied the Bible?
First of all, it wasn't created by any man. Mohammed, the prophet, didn't make all this up like many churches did with the bible. The bible was actually never written down by Jesus. It is just interpretations of his teachings. Over hundreds of years, the bible had so many versions, it was hard to know which one was right.
Qur'an, on the other hand, was done differently. The words in the Qur'an are direct words of Allah. By the way, Allah isn't a different God that Muslims believe in, Allah simply means God in the Arabic language. The messages were brought down by Gabriel, the angel, and Mohammed got the messages himself. There was no way Muhammed could write the Qur'an himself because he was illiterate.

2.There was also some guy that obviously knows nothing about Islam that said it was created by a king to gain political power. The leaders of Mekka, actually encouraged polytheism, the worship of many gods, which they believed were in little wooden statues they themselves made. When Mohammed came with the idea of Islam, he was greatly persecuted. He was threatened to be killed. His followers were tortured. Even then, Mohammed continued to the point where now the main religion in the Middle East and Africa is Islam.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 21:44:27

this topic is totally nuts, for anyone that follows any religion he will assume his religion is superior and more believable. for instance i laught that in all other religions, the main prophet only talked to god or his angel in private and we only have their word. to someone of that religion they wouldnt even blink because they beleive their prophet is trustworthy. there is really no gain, you just might as well ask "what religion are you?"

TANSTAAFL.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-27 21:54:00

Elephantology and the great switch.

for those of you asking yourselves right now, what is elephantology? I and elephantology have your answers.

Elephantology is the known fact, not belief, that at one point all plants animals and everything was different then it is now, the exact opposite, fish were birds, humans lizards, dogs were cats, but one day they switched, and the only creature that refused to switch was the elephant, because he has the biggest brain and is the biggest creature. Lizards turned to Humans, fish to birds, and everything to its opposite. you can find your answers in this factual religion, soon we will fight the evil scientologists, join us brothers.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-28 05:20:10

Its all about rastafari, mon

Rastafarians acknowledge that their religion is the blending of the purest forms of both Judaism and Christianity; they also accept the Egyptian origins of both these religions. In affirming the divinity of Haile Selassie, Rastafari rejects the Babylonian hypocrisy of the modern church. The church of Rome, and even the council of Rome, are considered to be particularly Babylonian: was it not from this city that Mussolini invaded the holy land of Ethiopia in 1935? Religions always reflect the social and geographical environment out of which they emerge, and Jamaican Rastafari is no exception: for example, the use of marijuana as a sacrament and aid to meditation is logical in a country where a particularly potent strain of 'herb' grows freely.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-04-28 07:55:41

I personally believe in atheism as it seems the most logical and least flawed form of belief, Christianity, Islam and many other religions have alot of parts in them that can be proven wrong through the use of science such as the whole aspect that the Earth is a mere few thousand years old which according to science is wrong as the Earth could be anything up to a couple of billion years old. I'm not saying that Atheism is definitely true, I'm just saying that it seems the most logical solution as except for how the big bang occured and what was before it every thing seems to support us.