00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most believable religion

14,634 Views | 223 Replies

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-12 21:06:57

At 5/11/06 10:44 PM, ICPtech wrote: Two things. First they have no Bible, they have a Qur'an.

Actually a definition of the word bible, is "A book containing the sacred writings belonging to any religion" according to Websters at least. http://www.answers.c..y?s=bible&gwp=13

Second it is a break off sect of the Jewish religion which was around thousands of years before Islam.

Does making it a "sect" make it less of a believable religion? I would contend that there are enough differences to classify it as its own religion.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-12 21:08:35

At 5/12/06 05:32 PM, Zalbun wrote: Sun-Worship.

1. You can see it
2.It provides life,
3. Itwill eventually destroy all known life (Probably)
and
5.without it we wouldn't exist.

Seems to fit the bill to me.

You forgot the fact that it had a beginning and it will have an end. One would assume that we'd be around (traveling the stars) by the time it goes. And when it goes, who do you worship now.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 06:02:56

i think that pie is the holy number,(or symbol) because pi is infinte

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 08:49:36

Thats basically just another way of saying what do we beleive in. Face it if you were Christian your not going to say Budhism is the most believable now are you?

Anyway, im an athiest, so really I think were all here for a reason thats yet to be known, I know I sound crazy but it sorta makes sense.

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 10:17:22

At 5/12/06 09:06 PM, seventy-one wrote:
At 5/11/06 10:44 PM, ICPtech wrote: Two things. First they have no Bible, they have a Qur'an.
Actually a definition of the word bible, is "A book containing the sacred writings belonging to any religion" according to Websters at least. http://www.answers.c..y?s=bible&gwp=13
Second it is a break off sect of the Jewish religion which was around thousands of years before Islam.
Does making it a "sect" make it less of a believable religion? I would contend that there are enough differences to classify it as its own religion.

No I am terribly sorry, but you obviously didn't read the whole thing. I quoted the part where he said that Islam has been around the longest. Not saying it is inferior. You just misunderstood. Feel free to go back and check.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 10:19:49

At 5/13/06 06:02 AM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote: i think that pie is the holy number,(or symbol) because pi is infinte

No "pi" is not infinite. As it obviously never surpasses 3.2 and therefore it is not infinite. Though it does have an infinite number of decimal digits.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 10:31:38

At 5/11/06 09:27 PM, bradford1 wrote:
At 5/10/06 03:55 PM, Leonardo_Da_Finchy wrote: Paganism, in it's many forms, is on the rise. There are a lot of people out there, fed up with the establishment (popes, imams, lamas and the like), who are turning back to the old ways, and bringing them forward to apply to the modern world. Wiccan is the third most practised religion in the USA, considered a Christian country. Why is this? Too many rules. Guidance and Discipline are good for you, but some established religions are far too restrictive. Catholicism, for example, relies a lot on "blind faith".

The best approach, in my opinion, is to take what you can from each religion you come across, along with the views of secular society, and create your own belief system.
What are you talking about?
Islam is the third most practiced religion in the U.S.

http://www.adherents.com/rel_USA.html

Secondly, this discussion isn't so much about the religion you think is best, it is about the most believeable religion.

I'm sorry, I must have read an older/different source. I can't remember where it was. Besides, in a Christian state, some people may not wish to admit they are Pagan. By the way, I don't think secularism should be counted as a religion, as it is a lack of it. You could argue otherwise, but you'd likely be argueing for atheism, which I could accept is a religion, but is different to secularism.

Sorry for my lack of facts, I will shut up on that front.

The most believable religion is the one you believe in yourself. There is little point argueing which is mot believable, as you can't convince someone otherwise without converting them, and if you speak with someone of the same religion, you both agree and get no-where.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 12:22:57

At 4/25/06 06:44 PM, yoddtacos wrote:
Anywho, what do you think

I think you should improve your English.

is the most accurate religion, scientific theory IS an option...

Science for me. I detest blind faith and up to now haven't seen any sound proof of a God's existance. Hell, half the arguments I've heard are completely stupid.

If words were wisdom, I'd be talking even more.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 13:22:07

People dont believe in God because there's no proof of him, I guess it's reasonable. But you'll regret it. I believe in God because when I actually pray to him for help, or go to church (which is very rarely Im not a big Christian or anything, I just believe) things will get better.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 13:41:33

None.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-13 15:51:05

At 5/13/06 06:02 AM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote: i think that pie is the holy number,(or symbol) because pi is infinte

Why not phi, or the square root of two, or one over zero or x=x+1?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-16 11:48:33

At 5/13/06 03:51 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
Why not phi, or the square root of two, or one over zero or x=x+1?

I don't think phi is a number.

e, however, is a number, again with infinite decimal places, and is the natural base of numbers. When things decay, or a hot object cools, they do so at a rate proportional to a power of e. If there is any holy number, that is it.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-16 12:06:56

That is your opinion.

I disagree I think Christianity is the most believable. You think about it. Bhudda sitting under a tree for so many YEARS! I think that God having a son is more believable.You're probably thinking about the miracles,well he's GOD"S SON!!!!But believe what you want to.

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-16 14:52:32

i feel its either Judaism because of its senseful teachings ( Why should i do this, why should i keep kosher) for both health and religious reasons etc. etc.

or buddhism because it doesnt mention of a creator like god, which brings many dead connections but follows around being a well human being

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-16 22:49:54

At 5/16/06 02:52 PM, Alexi101 wrote: i feel its either Judaism because of its senseful teachings ( Why should i do this, why should i keep kosher) for both health and religious reasons etc. etc.

or buddhism because it doesnt mention of a creator like god, which brings many dead connections but follows around being a well human being

I really think that is educated, the way it was said. Yes i can agree with you all of the way. Thats the words right out of my mouth

I still haven't forgiven the asians for pearl harbor.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-17 16:56:40

At 5/11/06 03:30 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
Does 'most believable' really equate to 'best'

Yes, because the purpose of religion is not to educate us, but to control us.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-18 16:12:10

Not my religion. Mine is about existance itself, and the gods. It has a few guidelines, no actual rules.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-19 14:42:41

At 4/26/06 05:17 AM, Guitarmy wrote:
At 4/25/06 06:48 PM, MattMan1 wrote:
At 4/25/06 06:46 PM, MoralLibertarian wrote: Islam.
i agree it has been around for ages and has the most detailed bible
Islam was created for political gain, some arab king needed a large army so he created the ideas and they were forcedly accepted. Islam is a joke. Budhism is a much better religion.

hahah.. !!!

funny, shit..

What i dun understand about Americans is that they think they r the best, why ? were u born with green or blue blood ??

Cuz America is mostlyan christian state, does it mean that the rest is a joke or unreal ??

go fock urself nerd..

Mohammed wasnt even a king ..
He was a poor prophet like Jezus who got supressed by forces livin in his birthground..
But unlike Christianity , they diddnt needed centurys to free themself..

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 06:38:53

At 5/19/06 02:42 PM, F-8-L-E-T wrote: What i dun understand about Americans is that they think they r the best, why ? were u born with green or blue blood ??

Hehe, buddy, let me tell you something. That's how human beings are, for the love a child's home, one will never hate hate his own country too much. You probably think Islam is the 'best' religion to, don't you? Believe me or not, but Muslims think they are the 'best' as much as americans.

go fock urself nerd..

Why are you always so offensive? Gee, it's the internet.

See? Now you are saying that Islam is better even though a few lines before you complained about Americans only believing their religion is the most believable. You keep on contradicting yourself, if you do so at least don't flame people because you are no better than them.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 07:14:59

Deism.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 10:42:50

For me it would be the oldest religion. As logically speaking that would be the most likely to be true.

Which would be Dravidianism, or Hinduism.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 11:18:25

At 5/20/06 06:38 AM, -Toast- wrote:
At 5/19/06 02:42 PM, F-8-L-E-T wrote: What i dun understand about Americans is that they think they r the best, why ? were u born with green or blue blood ??
Hehe, buddy, let me tell you something. That's how human beings are, for the love a child's home, one will never hate hate his own country too much. You probably think Islam is the 'best' religion to, don't you? Believe me or not, but Muslims think they are the 'best' as much as americans.

go fock urself nerd..
Why are you always so offensive? Gee, it's the internet.

See? Now you are saying that Islam is better even though a few lines before you complained about Americans only believing their religion is the most believable. You keep on contradicting yourself, if you do so at least don't flame people because you are no better than them.

e..

U dun know how Americans r when they become racist..
And what i think Islam is the best religion..??

I went to a christian school when i was 4 years old till 9, then i went to a public school.
Only things i remmber from that christian school was , writin prayers and singin n stuff..
And those storys.

But im now a muslim.. maybe not 100 Pure since i smoke weed sometimes drink beer and fucked underaged while not married..

But I believe in Allah/God/Buddah/Shiva or whatever u call him/it/her.

I believe that jezus and mozes was a prophet. but jezus wasnt Gods/Allah's son.
And i dont believe that the Mankind was created from dirt 12 000 years ago but through evolution.

And those last 2 sentences proves i aint christian but a moslim, but respect every other religion as if they were mine..

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 11:25:05

At 5/20/06 11:18 AM, F-8-L-E-T wrote: But im now a muslim.. maybe not 100 Pure since i smoke weed sometimes drink beer and fucked underaged while not married..

Well, I know the fucking and drinking are forbidden under Islamic dogma, but I was under the impression there was nothing against smoking pot, or hashish I should say.

If I’m wrong then my stoner Muslim friends have been lying to me!

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 11:29:55

At 5/20/06 11:25 AM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote:
If I’m wrong then my stoner Muslim friends have been lying to me!

Weed n assie isnt forbidden.
But about forbidden things..

For my opinion it aint bad to do such things but if u keep faith and give urself to the community of friends , family or unknown people ur blessed .. ( my opinion )

God would sureley forgive the shit u had done..

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-20 15:32:45

At 5/20/06 11:18 AM, F-8-L-E-T wrote:
And those last 2 sentences proves i aint christian but a moslim, but respect every other religion as if they were mine..

Can you recite the Fatiha? (If you are a Muslim, you should be able to, since you cannot be a Muslim without knowing it. It's the one that starts 'Bismilehi rhaman iraheem')
What about the Lord's Prayer? (Brought up a Christian, right?)
Ok, how about any Jewish chant at all, or any of the Bhagavad Gita.

If you can't, I put to you that you do NOT respect every religion like your own.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-23 21:45:00

Definitley Scientology!

KIDDING!!!! That shits rediculous.

Um, well im an atheist but I guess Buhdism (Can't spell it) makes the most sense.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-23 22:17:01

At 5/23/06 09:45 PM, ChocoCrack wrote: Definitley Scientology!

KIDDING!!!! That shits rediculous.

Um, well im an atheist but I guess Buhdism (Can't spell it) makes the most sense.

Humor me, what about Buddhism makes the most sense to you?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-24 10:44:09

At 5/23/06 10:17 PM, GunCrave wrote: Humor me, what about Buddhism makes the most sense to you?

I guess it has no belief in a higher power, making it ostensibly more believeable than Abrahamic religions, but it still has re-encarnation, which is obviously a leap of faith.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-24 11:31:25

At 5/20/06 03:32 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote: Can you recite the Fatiha? (If you are a Muslim, you should be able to, since you cannot be a Muslim without knowing it. It's the one that starts 'Bismilehi rhaman iraheem')
What about the Lord's Prayer? (Brought up a Christian, right?)
Ok, how about any Jewish chant at all, or any of the Bhagavad Gita.

If you can't, I put to you that you do NOT respect every religion like your own.

What a ridiculous claim. Since I can't say the American Anthem, does that mean I don't respect America like I do Canada?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-24 12:31:19

At 5/24/06 11:31 AM, peedee wrote:
What a ridiculous claim. Since I can't say the American Anthem, does that mean I don't respect America like I do Canada?

Yes, assuming that you do know the Canadian Anthem, and there are no other factors influencing your respect of the two countries.