00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

sevnox just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Most believable religion

14,635 Views | 223 Replies

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-01 14:10:54

At 5/1/06 01:37 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
At 5/1/06 11:33 AM, CorbanX wrote: Oh, would you look at that: a Wikipedia entry. So it must be true.
Oh, would you look at that: an appeal to ridicule. So it must be true.

Why do Atheists always resort to mocking others?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-01 18:10:38

At 5/1/06 11:56 AM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote: it is still what you believe that is right.

I'm not sure I understand this - do you mean that if you believe something, it is right by virtue of you believing it (like a Relevatist) or do you mean that since there is no way of proving if God exists, both concepts are as 'right' as each other?

And as long as you live in the right way that jesus ment, even if he is a buddist or a Jew, it wouldnt matter.

Nice idea... I know some Christians would disagree with you, but I think your idea makes more sense than the "fire and brimstone" approach some people take.

At 5/1/06 02:10 PM, CorbanX wrote: Why do Atheists always resort to mocking others?

First, I'm a Christian. I just don't suck at the whole "intelligence" thing as much as you.

Second, do you remember who said, "Oh, would you look at that: a Wikipedia entry. So it must be true."? Was your aim to mock me or not?

Third, has it occured to you that in saying that, you have added nothing to the debate, other than highlighting the glorious irony that you yourself are trying to mock me by pointing out I responded to one of your posts with a bit of a flame (sorry about that)

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-01 18:20:54

At 5/1/06 06:10 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
Nice idea... I know some Christians would disagree with you, but I think your idea makes more sense than the "fire and brimstone" approach some people take.

I couldn't read that, x_Toadenalin_x, without recalling a website I had bookmarked in the past. I thought I would share it with you, since I think it provides a fresh perspective on the subject of Hell

Exposing those who contradict

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-01 19:32:00

At 5/1/06 11:34 AM, CorbanX wrote: But what historical and scientific facts can we use to back it up?

Saddam Hussein was a Deist.

And plenty of mass murders claim to be christian. Your point? Besides, you don't need scientific or historical data to back up a belief, that's what makes it a BELIEF. If you need something, there's always the comforting thought that no war has ever been started in the name of Deism.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-02 09:49:05

At 5/1/06 06:20 PM, Steel_Reserve wrote: Exposing those who contradict

The website you give is excellent - a little technical in places, but very interesting. I'll have to spend a while reading all the articles, but can I thank you for providing the link.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-02 11:17:55

At 5/1/06 06:10 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
Second, do you remember who said, "Oh, would you look at that: a Wikipedia entry. So it must be true."? Was your aim to mock me or not?

No, it was not my original intention to mock you. It's just I've had it rough that day and I was not in a good mood. So I am sorry. I won't do it again.

God bless.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-02 21:35:31

At 4/30/06 06:53 PM, Dranigus wrote:
At 4/30/06 06:49 PM, _TeenageMind_ wrote: i think christians took many pagan holidays and merged them with their own... copycats

Only Christmas. Anyway Easter is the more important Christian holiday.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-02 21:49:36

In my opinion Deism is the stoic's form of christianity.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-02 22:26:23

At 5/2/06 09:35 PM, Magnumprimers wrote: Only Christmas. Anyway Easter is the more important Christian holiday.

Easter was too. Wonder where the rabbit and eggs came from? Paganism. And lets not forget that it overlaps Passover. Same with Christmas, All Hallow's Eve, etc; early Christianity (AKA Early Catholicism) loved to make holidays over those of other religions.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 05:50:44

It is true that most christian holidays used to be pagan holiday's, but that isn't of much importance, because nobody really knows when jesus died, or when he was born.\
The old romans celebrated the return of light with christmas, (and no they didn't call it christmas) jesus birth brought the "light" back into the world.
And the old romans also celebrated around easter that nature resurected, jesus resurected(spelling?) so nature did it with him.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 06:09:57

At 4/30/06 09:10 PM, Dranigus wrote:
Stuff

The flaw in that is, if it was on entity re-incarnating over and over again to "bring things into line", then why would they at each time point people on a different path?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 07:13:33

Dunno if it's been said before (too lazy to go through this thread, there are so many like it), but atheism isn't a religion, it's a lack of religion. It should get it's own catagory, called the right catagory.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 07:14:27

its right for you

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 11:40:46

At 5/2/06 10:26 PM, altanese_mistress wrote:
At 5/2/06 09:35 PM, Magnumprimers wrote: Only Christmas. Anyway Easter is the more important Christian holiday.
Easter was too.

At least we still have Thanksgiving.

For now at least.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 13:18:55

At 5/3/06 11:40 AM, SundayBest wrote:
Easter was too.

For now at least.

Christmas's date actually came from the Dark Age Britons' (and Germans, Franks, etc.) festival of Yuletide. The priests trying to convert the Barbarians to Christianity thought that it would be easier if they could celebrate at the same time of year. The bishop leading the mission is said to have spoken these words: "convert them first, then teach them how to be christians".

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-03 14:20:41

At 5/3/06 01:18 PM, Leonardo_Da_Finchy wrote:
At 5/3/06 11:40 AM, SundayBest wrote:
Easter was too.

For now at least.
Christmas's date actually came from the Dark Age Britons' (and Germans, Franks, etc.) festival of Yuletide. The priests trying to convert the Barbarians to Christianity thought that it would be easier if they could celebrate at the same time of year. The bishop leading the mission is said to have spoken these words: "convert them first, then teach them how to be christians".

The christmas date came from the roman saturnalia, where gifts were exchanged and romans celebrated the "golden age" where women didnt exist and their 'gods' roamed earth.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 12:50:03

well the christian, jewish, and muslim religon can all be the same religon just interpreted differently by different prophets and considering
jehovah is jewish for god
and allah is arabic for god
and they all belive in similar stuff
but the most belivable religon is

Blagadoodle

sarcasm

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 15:38:41

At 5/4/06 12:50 PM, armyofone1 wrote: well the christian, jewish, and muslim religon can all be the same religon just interpreted differently by different prophets

The three arent the same religion interpretted differenty, otherwise they wouldnt be three different religions, plus the thing that makes christianity unique is the act of love God has shown to mankind by sending his only son down to die so sin doesnt come between man and God.

Have you actually looked into this at all?

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 15:49:46

At 5/4/06 03:38 PM, Jonowales wrote: The three arent the same religion interpretted differenty, otherwise they wouldnt be three different religions,

Perhaps not, but his point that they’re all essentially branches off the same tree still stands.

:plus the thing that makes christianity unique is the act of love God has shown to mankind by sending his only son down to die so sin doesnt come between man and God.

All I’m reading there is “all that makes Christianity unique is that it’s my religion”. for the sake of argument, god created the circumstances of his son’s death, and had control over all aspects of it. I don’t see any love there,

Have you? Of course you don’t think so, but for someone standing on the outside they are all similar religions with similar beliefs and practices.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 15:59:38

At 5/4/06 03:49 PM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote:
At 5/4/06 03:38 PM, Jonowales wrote: The three arent the same religion interpretted differenty, otherwise they wouldnt be three different religions,
Perhaps not, but his point that they’re all essentially branches off the same tree still stands.

Yes but it doesnt mean theyre all the same religion, the only way they could be the same religion interpretted differently is if all three started at exactly the same time.

plus the thing that makes christianity unique is the act of love God has shown to mankind by sending his only son down to die so sin doesnt come between man and God.
All I’m reading there is “all that makes Christianity unique is that it’s my religion”. for the sake of argument, god created the circumstances of his son’s death, and had control over all aspects of it. I don’t see any love there,

how can you see that outta this? How can you think that the death and ressurection doesnt show any love? "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." He sent his son down to die, so that the barrier of sin between man and God would not stand between man and God having a relationship together, as long as we truely accept that jesus died for us and is the son of God.

Have you? Of course you don’t think so, but for someone standing on the outside they are all similar religions with similar beliefs and practices.

Yes well maybe people shouldnt comment on topics such as this unless they have actually had an experience with such things.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 16:14:53

At 5/1/06 11:56 AM, TwO_FaCeD_PaRaNoID wrote:
At 4/30/06 04:52 PM, Dranigus wrote:
At 4/30/06 12:26 PM, x_Toadenalin_x wrote:
At 4/30/06 05:30 AM, Dranigus wrote: The proof that Jesus was a Buddhist.
Why did he talk about God?
He didn't talk about god, his followers talked about him talking about god.

dude, nobody will ever get 100% proof he's right.

True, nobody could ever get 100% correct. No one is perfect.

nobody will ever get close, it is still what you believe that is right.

Yeah... you got to have to believe things are right.

But I don't believe Jesus was a Buddhist, I'm just spreading the word.

And as long as you live in the right way that jesus ment, even if he is a buddist or a Jew, it wouldnt matter.

But umm... if you study the Zoroaster scriptures, he didn't tell you to pray to god. In fact he laughed about such, depicting it was insane.

But one last thing: why is it that Jesaja mentioned about jesus if he wasn't the son of god?

Because he wasn't the son of god. Yeshua was the son of Joseph and Mary. Biologically he could have been of the offspring of extraterrestrials.

I think people lack the understanding that the human mind has.

People don't suddenly become the way that they are, and they aren't statically the same either. People change and they evolve.

In order for Yeshua to become who he was, he must have been interacting with an ideology that brough him to what he was when he turned thirty.

Because we are talking about a Jew that spend much of his time just interacting with other Jews. And like with the universal law of motion, which also works with ideas, objects in motion stay in motion until an outside factor takes into an effect.

To his followers this outside factor was that Yeshua or rather the more common name of Jesus, was a divine being. Base on his pacifistic mind and way of conduct.

But as detailed by some of his gospels, Yeshua was immature, even though he was a great philosopher and could understand concepts of this universe much better than anyone else during his time in Judea. Yeshua liked making jokes, pulling pranks, and laughing at them.

Like when he saw his Jewish followers praying to god. He just walked around them, observing what they were doing, and just laughing at the whole idea of it. He then told them that they were not praying to the true god, that the god they were praying to was false. That the god of Hebrews was false. That the true divine being of existence, exists in each of us and we must medidate and look within ourselves to find and become one with it. This whole principle is what Buddha was preaching about 500 years earlier.

How can that be? How can Jesus be preaching Buddhism? Because he is a Buddhist. End of story.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 16:57:34

Dranigus, I know you will probably say some trite shit after this and flame me but I want to point something out.

1) You dont cite
2) No one has any idea ever what you are talking about
3) There is no historical or archaeological evidence of anything you claim
4) Did I mention you never cite anything you claim?

Let me guess the reply.

"OMG the Fabulous one has spoken again. LOL look at it. Hes spewing his fabulously gay stuff again. LOLOL so funny."

You will then tell me to look up all this information by myself.

Rinse.
Repeat.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 17:15:06

The theory that Jesus was a Buddhist isn't just in Dranigus' head. Iv'e heard it before, and it adds up pretty well. Alot of Jesus parables and teachings reflected Buddhist philosophy. And Jesus was known to meditate.

BBS Signature

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 17:20:27

Jesus believed in God. Buddha was an agnostic.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 17:23:04

At 5/4/06 03:59 PM, Jonowales wrote: Yes but it doesnt mean theyre all the same religion, the only way they could be the same religion interpretted differently is if all three started at exactly the same time.

I see your point, but technically if all three religions worship the same god (I’m not claiming they do, I realise this offends some people of all 3 religions) then isn’t there something to be said for them being different parts of the same picture?

how can you see that outta this? How can you think that the death and ressurection doesnt show any love? "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,so that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." He sent his son down to die, so that the barrier of sin between man and God would not stand between man and God having a relationship together, as long as we truely accept that jesus died for us and is the son of God.

Dude. I’m sorry but I’ve trained myself to turn off as soon as someone tries to preach to me.

This is how I see it: if a god exists he’s all-powerful, almighty, omnipotent, or whatever: then he knows everything that’s happened, is happening, and will happen. Every action he makes, he knows its’ infinite effect on all of creation all through time. Every action therefore by us, animals or plants has already been preordained by him. Effectively rendering things like love and freewill meaningless. The whole Jeudo(sp?) -Christian god thing is too paradoxical for me.

Yes well maybe people shouldnt comment on topics such as this unless they have actually had an experience with such things.

Your right. Because being forced to go to church until the age of twelve, despite knowing I was at least agnostic from about 7 or 8 means I know nothing about the foolishness of organized religion.

"Men have had the vanity to pretend that the whole creation was made for them, while in reality the whole creation does not suspect their existence." - Camille

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 17:32:06

At 5/4/06 05:15 PM, The_Tank wrote: The theory that Jesus was a Buddhist isn't just in Dranigus' head. Iv'e heard it before, and it adds up pretty well. Alot of Jesus parables and teachings reflected Buddhist philosophy. And Jesus was known to meditate.

It doesnt mesh with reality. At all.

How would a Buddhist missionary get to a relatively porr, small town Jew in Roman occupied territory and then prostelytize to this small town Jew and then get him to convert to Buddhism. It is beyond possibility.

And, again, read THE LORDS PRAYER. There is no God in Buddhism, why would Jesus preach one if he didnt believe in one? And just because he had similar ways of teaching to Buddhists means nothing.

This is a conspiracy theory that the Church supressed this and changed his message and is supported by no factual evidence. It is complete specualation which is why it is ridiculous any sane person would believe it.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 18:09:06

At 5/4/06 05:32 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: It is complete specualation which is why it is ridiculous any sane person would believe it.

But it’s a-ok to think there’s an old man sitting in the clouds smiling down at us?

Seriously though, I think you’re right, the sheer effort of getting from the Far East to the Middle East would be only slightly less than astronomical 2000 years ago.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-04 18:42:19

At 5/4/06 06:09 PM, o_r_i_g_i_n_a_l wrote: But it’s a-ok to think there’s an old man sitting in the clouds smiling down at us?

I dont believe in anything either way. I just think its bogus to claim something that is totally against everything every respected historian and theologian would disavow in 2 seconds. There isnt a ton of outside evidence on the life of Jesus so we have to take what we have based on the scriptures.

Seriously though, I think you’re right, the sheer effort of getting from the Far East to the Middle East would be only slightly less than astronomical 2000 years ago.

I can see missionaries getting to Judea from India I just dont see to many of them associating with the commoners who hold no power whatsoever. Especially considering the total lack of support they would have had in the region financially and religiously.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-05 05:25:32

At 5/4/06 05:32 PM, FAB0L0US wrote: .
This is a conspiracy theory that the Church supressed this and changed his message and is supported by no factual evidence. It is complete specualation which is why it is ridiculous any sane person would believe it.

Yeah and that the followers of jesus changed his words to their own believes, could have happend to the gospel of judas, what if they changed the words of jesus into their own ideas??
Like fabolous said, it is just speculation.
why aren't there any scientists or theologists or whatever claiming the things drangius said??
If it was proofed it would be world shocking, over 2 billion christians would have been screwed so it would be on the news, on national geografic, on discovery etc.

Response to Most believable religion 2006-05-05 07:59:03

I cant tell whats true of false, impossible to get prove, gues we all wil find out when we die.

but personally I like Christianity, and I enjoy reading the bible, but do I believe it? hmm not yet I gues.

Budism, not most believe able to be honest.

The oldest writtings are found in Peru, I think if there is an awnser on earth, it would be there.