00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Papathered2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Represent A Country 2012 [Contest]

42,206 Views | 357 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-01-31 09:44:21

I fall under the newcomer category so this looks like some good fun and as i'm able to get hold of a balafon for the next two months i should be able to compose something interesting to represent Ghana

Name Of Act: PeppersoD
email: godfather_mark@hotmail.com
Genre: World
Song Title: N/A

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-01-31 11:12:19

Oh btw, my song title will be 'Black Keys' ;)

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-01-31 19:31:46

At 1/31/12 09:44 AM, PeppersMoD wrote: I fall under the newcomer category so this looks like some good fun and as i'm able to get hold of a balafon for the next two months i should be able to compose something interesting to represent Ghana

Name Of Act: PeppersoD
email: godfather_mark@hotmail.com
Genre: World
Song Title: N/A

Congratulations! You have been added to the contest. I can't wait to see your entry and wish you luck! :)

At 1/31/12 11:12 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Oh btw, my song title will be 'Black Keys' ;)

Nice Title! :)

I'm going to try and get a newspost out tomorrow guys so make sure you all check your emails or inboxes :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-01 11:31:42

3 Weeksuntil Confirmation Week
7 Weeks until Deadline

Artist Status

As you may have seen, the RAC 2012 portal has a page called 'Artist Status'. Before this page was used to show the status of entries for the contest, however the page here will be very different this time. Once your confirmation has been received you will be given a number (randomly selected) for the running order. This number determines which block you will be in. You will also go on the Artist Status page, this will be a small profile for each act. It will show any previous entries in RAC and also have a section of your points breakdown for this contest (which will be updated once the results are posted). The breakdown will show the points you got from where, your average points and the percentage of your performance. People who have previouslt taken part will have their best result shown and a total culminated RAC points section.

Podcast?

Previously, the contest was aired live on radiogrounds, however the radio station went really quiet and airing live became difficult. I'm considering creating a podcast and making the contest a show that way which can be heard any time. This include all song being played in full, interviews and chats with contestants if they were up for it during small breaks, intros to songs and a recap of all the songs at the end. Contestants NEED to express interest though for this to go ahead.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-05 11:39:16

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-08 03:26:59

Woooooo! Redesign! :D

How is everyone getting on with their entries?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-08 20:31:41

2 Weeks until Confirmation Week
6 Weeks until Deadline

Exits

This week we have had two people leave the contest, due to time constraints and other reasons. At the minute we have 19 acts signed up. It would be amazing if we could push the thread and attract more members. 25 acts would be ideal and so much better for you guys as well! So please, this goes to everyone, please take part in he thread and help attract more people to participate. There are 11 countries still to chose from and they are;

Armenia
Cyprus
France
Lebanon
Poland
San Marino
Singapore
Africa
Sri Lanka
Switzerland
Ukraine

Lots of great countries with rich musical History and influences. Please help he contest.

RAC 2012 Project

With the new Newgrounds redesign, a new feature (Projects) has been created. This is going to be very well utilised by the RAC members. Here will be the place confirmation will be posted, along with interview clips and other things that will go onto the RAC 2012 podcast. The final audio for this project will be a recap/ preview of all he songs in one track which will be used to promote all of your tracks along with the contest. It is a requirement that all participants accept the request for the project.

REMEMBER! It's not long now until confirmation week. Any acts that fail to confirm will lose their spaces and their country will become available to last-minute entrants.

I hope everyone is well and that your projects are coming along nicely! I'm so excited for this contest! If you need me just contact me in the thread!
Have a good week!

NeonProject

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-08 23:53:46

Hello there!

I'd like to take part in the RAC...

You can check on my work here: http://jiimaan.newgrounds.com/
This is my new account, if you want to hear more, here's the old one: http://the-hobo-dude.newgrounds.com/
I have to warn you that my old stuff is exclusively MIDI and may not sound as good as it could...
As for my infos, here it is:

Name of act: Jiimaan
Email: jiimaan@hotmail.ca
Genre: hybrid (something like ethnic/techno-lounge/orchestral)
Song title: to be determined

Peace,

Jiimaan

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-09 04:12:45

At 4 hours ago, Jiimaan wrote: Hello there!

I'd like to take part in the RAC...

You can check on my work here: http://jiimaan.newgrounds.com/
This is my new account, if you want to hear more, here's the old one: http://the-hobo-dude.newgrounds.com/
I have to warn you that my old stuff is exclusively MIDI and may not sound as good as it could...
As for my infos, here it is:

Name of act: Jiimaan
Email: jiimaan@hotmail.ca
Genre: hybrid (something like ethnic/techno-lounge/orchestral)
Song title: to be determined

Peace,

Jiimaan

Awesome! Welcome to the contest buddy!
If you have any questions or need any help this is the place to do it! I'm always happy to help.
Good luck in the contest :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-09 17:32:09

Name of Act: Elevation10

Email: jpizarro111@live.com

Genre: Drum and Bass

Song Title: City Nightlights

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-09 17:46:01

I'm sorry, Japan has already been selected. Why not look at the Country List and see what's available? The link is in the first post of the thread.

At 11 minutes ago, Elevation10 wrote: Name of Act: Elevation10

Email: jpizarro111@live.com

Genre: Drum and Bass

Song Title: City Nightlights

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-09 19:18:20

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 02:20:38

Excited about representing Denmark!!

Go!!!

Trance music rules the world.

Don't you believe me? Just visit Airprogressive

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 06:16:59

At 10 hours ago, AKACCMIOF wrote: Just finished submission! Would love feedback plz.
http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/470194

Wow! That is amazing! Make sure your author comments include all your research, you have nothing to worry about now! Your entire project has gone straight through and because you've handed in the complete track you don't even need to do anything for the confirmation! :D
Check the "Artist Status" page ;)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 10:34:36

Sorry for the inactivity, I've been working really hard on my MAC submition. I haven't given a lot of time on my RaC submition, but once the other song's done, I'll have all the time in the workld to work on this project.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible to change country, if the other country is still available? I might change to France, we'll see.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 10:45:32

At 8 minutes ago, camoshark wrote: Sorry for the inactivity, I've been working really hard on my MAC submition. I haven't given a lot of time on my RaC submition, but once the other song's done, I'll have all the time in the workld to work on this project.

Also, I was wondering, is it possible to change country, if the other country is still available? I might change to France, we'll see.

Of course it's possible to change to France! Do you want to consider it, or would you like to take France now?

No worries about inactivity, I know a lot of people are busy at the minute. I hope everything is going well for you.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 11:22:39

At 33 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
Of course it's possible to change to France! Do you want to consider it, or would you like to take France now?

No worries about inactivity, I know a lot of people are busy at the minute. I hope everything is going well for you.

I think I will actually, so yes, change me for France!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 11:58:45

At 18 hours ago, Elevation10 wrote: Country: Japan

Sorry, I already have Japan.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 13:23:18

At 1 hour ago, camoshark wrote:
At 33 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:

I think I will actually, so yes, change me for France!

You are now down for France!

At 1 hour ago, LiquidOoze wrote: Sorry, I already have Japan.

Nobody else will be having Japan, don't worry! :D

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 15:04:44

Hey guys! I'm making progress on my song. Looks like it's going to be pretty different from what I envisioned.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 15:13:36

Well Neon already knows this, but i decided to switch to Africa, since i done know shit about Russian musac lul

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 17:19:41

At 10 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Wow! That is amazing! Make sure your author comments include all your research, you have nothing to worry about now! Your entire project has gone straight through and because you've handed in the complete track you don't even need to do anything for the confirmation! :D

Oh I feel so special :P If only I wasn't in the same block as freakin RampantMusik and Samulis. Freaking intense competition.

Most of the research I did was word of mouth, asking my boss about traditional Indian music (he's a devout Hare Krishna). Rather than read a load of stuffy (largely Western) books, I thought I'd get to know the ins and outs of a raag far better by turning up to open mic nights where traditional raaga were performed, jamming with my friend Munraj on the tabla for the Indian Classical elements. How should I present this research? I can provide internet sources to verify what I picked up from them if that helps :)

The Goa elements I just got through a series of tripped out jams and a couple trance parties with my friend Chris :P I suppose I could get together a list of the songs that influenced me, provide some links on the thread (for epic bumpz) if that's all good with the mods.

Really psyched about the competition! This is gonna be awweesaum!!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-10 19:47:07

At 2 hours ago, AKACCMIOF wrote:
At 10 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Wow! That is amazing! Make sure your author comments include all your research, you have nothing to worry about now! Your entire project has gone straight through and because you've handed in the complete track you don't even need to do anything for the confirmation! :D
Oh I feel so special :P If only I wasn't in the same block as freakin RampantMusik and Samulis. Freaking intense competition.

Most of the research I did was word of mouth, asking my boss about traditional Indian music (he's a devout Hare Krishna). Rather than read a load of stuffy (largely Western) books, I thought I'd get to know the ins and outs of a raag far better by turning up to open mic nights where traditional raaga were performed, jamming with my friend Munraj on the tabla for the Indian Classical elements. How should I present this research? I can provide internet sources to verify what I picked up from them if that helps :)

The Goa elements I just got through a series of tripped out jams and a couple trance parties with my friend Chris :P I suppose I could get together a list of the songs that influenced me, provide some links on the thread (for epic bumpz) if that's all good with the mods.

Really psyched about the competition! This is gonna be awweesaum!!

The blocks haven't been decided yet and you don't compete against people in your block, just your votes are combined with those people in your block to create your blocks vote. You compete against everyone! :P
Research should all go in the artist comments bit on your submission! :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-11 21:38:30

Name Of Act: Dauen Scott
email: darrinslife@gmail.com
Genre: Rock
Song Title: Triple Filtered (untitled)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-12 16:22:55

Have been a little busy myself the last few weeks but to keep this thread alive i'll give a wee update on how my composition is coming along.

The recording has been completed is the most important point to begin with but it still needs to be edited/arranged/mixed and roughly mastered.

Nevertheless, the session included:

Balafon (native instrument of Ghana)
Ukelele
Banjo
Pots + Pans (kitchen cutlery)
A shaker
Bass Guitar
Vocals (chant)

It ended up having a kind of folk session feel to it and for that reason i think i'll just call the piece: Ghana camp-fire.

I have this week off fortunately so fingers crossed i'll have it tidied up and ready for release by the middle of next week.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-13 08:27:23

At 1 day ago, Akaliko wrote: Name Of Act: Dauen Scott
email: darrinslife@gmail.com
Genre: Rock
Song Title: Triple Filtered (untitled)

Welcome to the contest dude! Spain is reserved for you! Good luck in the contest!

PeppersMoD I can't wait to see what you've got planned, make sure you keep us updated! :D

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-13 09:06:36

Guys! I'm sorry I havent been here to update the progress or anything but I had to make a trip to margarita cause of my job with my dad and I think I'm not gonna be able to make the song cause the job is going to take around 2 months, I guess I'll have to quit u_u
I'm so sorry for anybody who wanted to pick up Egypt, but these things happen when they're less expected D;

I am really ashamed u.u

Thanks for taking me in count, bye D;

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-13 09:16:10

At 7 minutes ago, bluebooblue wrote: Guys! I'm sorry I havent been here to update the progress or anything but I had to make a trip to margarita cause of my job with my dad and I think I'm not gonna be able to make the song cause the job is going to take around 2 months, I guess I'll have to quit u_u
I'm so sorry for anybody who wanted to pick up Egypt, but these things happen when they're less expected D;

I am really ashamed u.u

Thanks for taking me in count, bye D;

That's alright man, we all understand. Good luck with the job! I hope you keep in touch!
I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we hope to see you back in 2013!
Thanks for letting us know. :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-13 15:01:06

Heya, I'm kinda bored, guessing Ima be waiting for quite a while till I get to see what the pros in the competition have been drawing up. Just wondering if I could write some pieces for untaken countries on the proviso that they be only tribute pieces to the competition and not entries? I know I probably sound really arrogant writing this, but I'm just in a bit of writers block right now, and I figure using the competition guidelines to write some more music (and perhaps advertise the competition to any new artists who haven't ventured unto the forum yet) might be killing two birds with one stone.

Again, I'd like to specify, I don't want to double enter, just write some tribute tracks for the competition and link right back here :)

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-02-13 17:21:24

Name: Adam Bischoff
Account User-name: Rainingdreams
Genre: Dance/Hands-up(club trance)
Song or loop: Song

I would like to join this Contest. Good thing I signed up now. Then I wouldn't get to sign-up after tomorrow.

Lein the music.