00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SomethingStupid675 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Represent A Country 2012 [Contest]

42,200 Views | 357 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 13:57:12

At 5 minutes ago, PeppersMoD wrote:
At 28 minutes ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
Did you mean ten entries outside your block, or am I not reading this correctly?
I'm pretty sure he meant just 8.

There's 12 of us in total and you can't vote within your own block so that brings us down to 8/10 to choose from, because of this 2 acts will receive 0 points.

Little bit of confusion here, since we have 8 votes to do, what do we do with the other two? do we just not vote for them? Is that basically say they're not worth even allotting points? or does that simply mean we'll recognize them later in a different vote?

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 14:04:48

At 3 minutes ago, Cross666 wrote:
At 5 minutes ago, PeppersMoD wrote:
Little bit of confusion here, since we have 8 votes to do, what do we do with the other two? do we just not vote for them? Is that basically say they're not worth even allotting points? or does that simply mean we'll recognize them later in a different vote?

Well when I replied to Neon I just didn't vote for 2 people.

It's like any competition in life not everyone is able to win so unfortunately someone is going to be at the bottom of the pile. But hey it was the taking part that counted really, right? I know I've had fun doing this competition and who's to say the 2 people I left out aren't top of your list getting full marks and vise versa.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 14:07:05

I knew this day woul come.. The day I have to go head to head with Booze has arrived..... MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 14:16:25

At 7 minutes ago, Rahmemhotep wrote: I knew this day woul come.. The day I have to go head to head with Booze has arrived..... MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!!

You're a though one, buddy. Good luck to you and me!

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 14:47:38

Yes, you leave two acts out.

I think there's been a bit of mistake with what people think blocks are in general. Treat the people in your block as if they are your ally. Your vote is combined with the other person in your block, you don't compete with them, everyone competes against each other, you just present your votes a block. So if people don't like the results from your blocks vote, you take the shit as a block ;)
No participant votes will be individually revealed as I'm sure you all trust me to keep those votes anonymous and I don't want people to suffer from fall outs or have their music or time here affected negatively by this contest.

At the end sometimes we do 'Block Winner' stats just for fun, but it doesn't affect the final result in any way :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 14:54:28

Also... while I'm here...

I've just sent a few PM's to people who've said they want to take part in a chat/ interview for the podcast.
If you're interested and I haven't sent you a PM can you say here please :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 15:28:06

GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 15:32:05

At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?

Yeah, I'm happy to do one of the group chat recordings today if we get about 2/3 more people! :D

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 15:40:17

At 7 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: GUIZ!! Who's up for doing skype convo's for the podcast tosay already?
Yeah, I'm happy to do one of the group chat recordings today if we get about 2/3 more people! :D

I'm good with that if anyone else's interested!

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 16:11:41

At 30 minutes ago, camoshark wrote:
At 7 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
I'm good with that if anyone else's interested!

If we get one more person on board we will go ahead with the call in an hour.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 17:52:18

If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 17:56:23

At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.

There won't be a session today now, as we haven't been able to get enough people. Sorry :(

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 18:27:47

At 31 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 3 minutes ago, LiquidOoze wrote: If you wanna do that Skype session now you gotta hurry, I'll be going to bed soon.
There won't be a session today now, as we haven't been able to get enough people. Sorry :(

Bummer. What about tomorrow?

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-19 20:55:49

Woah, hold on. I thought "by March 19th" meant we could submit it on the 19th. Why would you end the contest on the 18th or halfway through the 19th when it never specified either of these?

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 04:52:26

It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.

At 7 hours ago, Tc572 wrote: Woah, hold on. I thought "by March 19th" meant we could submit it on the 19th. Why would you end the contest on the 18th or halfway through the 19th when it never specified either of these?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 08:48:53

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 09:32:45

At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.

Why couldn't you have just told us to turn it in on or before the 18th. Then there would be nothing to clarify

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 10:18:19

At 43 minutes ago, Tc572 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: It was specified many times that the entries were checked on the 19th. There were also PMs sent out to people who had not submitted entries Sunday in which they were reminded of this. It was always stated that entries must be submitted BEFORE the 19th.
Why couldn't you have just told us to turn it in on or before the 18th. Then there would be nothing to clarify

I don't understand why people didn't read the messages I sent them explaining this. It was explained from the start, and arguing about it will not help you. You failed to submit your entry before the check, the process was explained countless times and has been very set in stone from the beginning.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 14:51:02

At 23 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: Also... while I'm here...

I've just sent a few PM's to people who've said they want to take part in a chat/ interview for the podcast.
If you're interested and I haven't sent you a PM can you say here please :)

I sent a PM, but I have not gotten a response.

My Music - Virtual Instruments - About Me

Orchestral Composer, VI Developer

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 19:27:04

Oh, for interview, hook me up at 5pm, I'll be making a Skype with username AKACCMIOF, keep stuff simples :)

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 19:49:16

Guys,podcast? since when was this?

Sig Links. Links in Sig. I dunno.

"making a piece of music is kinda like raising a kid (only a lot easier, lol)" - Skye [Winter] 11:28 PM <- Skype? hell yeah.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-20 22:09:42

At 11 hours ago, NeonProject wrote: I don't understand why people didn't read the messages I sent them explaining this

Sorry to keep to keep arguing, but I just want you to understand so this won't happen in the next contest.

Yes, I probably should have checked my messages more, but that would have been unnecessary if you'd just put "March 18th". That's what the deadline was and you did not post it in the topic. The day after a contest ends is not a deadline, but you still clearly labeled it so.

Very Nice.

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 12:01:07

So, about that podcast... it's in 3 hours... Any news?

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 12:28:32

At 26 minutes ago, camoshark wrote: So, about that podcast... it's in 3 hours... Any news?

Erm, haha :')
Just keep checking the site and stuff, I'll send a message out when we can do it, got a few things going off at the minute. If enough people are around to do it we will have a session. I'll post in here an hour beforehand though so people have fair chance to jump on board :)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 12:41:05

At 11 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
Just keep checking the site and stuff, I'll send a message out when we can do it, got a few things going off at the minute. If enough people are around to do it we will have a session. I'll post in here an hour beforehand though so people have fair chance to jump on board :)

Fair enough, just wanted to make sure! ;)

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 12:42:22

At 13 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote:
At 26 minutes ago, camoshark wrote: So, about that podcast... it's in 3 hours... Any news?

AKACCMIOF onboard! :D

Best be knowin, MoonBurn be postin'.

Download my EP for free RIGHT NOW

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 13:48:56

I am available now if anyone is around for Podcasting.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 13:54:15

At 4 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote: I am available now if anyone is around for Podcasting.

How many do you need?

I could probably spare a minute or two.

...the four right chords can make me cry

Some mellow jazz

BBS Signature

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 13:55:15

At 47 seconds ago, Adam-Beilgard wrote:
At 4 minutes ago, NeonProject wrote: I am available now if anyone is around for Podcasting.
How many do you need?

I could probably spare a minute or two.

Same here.

Response to Represent A Country 2012 [Contest] 2012-03-21 13:56:26

I'll give it 5 minutes, if no one else comes in we can get started. Can you both send me your Skyper usernames please