00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

AMYHALFDEAD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Roe vs. Wade

15,700 Views | 352 Replies

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 13:49:31

At 5/7/22 01:32 PM, BUM-DRILLER wrote:
At 5/3/22 06:04 PM, Gario wrote:
At 5/3/22 04:13 PM, BrianEtrius wrote:
At 5/3/22 01:38 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: If Roe goes down Obergefell is probably not far behind. And we've only had a majority conservative SC for so little time. Things are looking pretty good lately!
Abortion aside, why do you want Obergefell to fall?
because fascists always have to have enemies to direct their efforts towards

if women lose their rights, homosexuals are next

if homosexuals lose their rights, black folk are on the table

after that, the jews

then the irish

then catholics

etc. etc.

eventually when there are no more enemies they will turn in on themselves, divide and conquer themselves, dissolving whatever society they were leading

this is the trajectory of fascism, you see; it is never enough for these fuckers to succeed, they are driven to oppress
This is actually what the slippery slope fallacy was meant to suppress: posts like this.

But the only thing “logical fallacies” have ever prevented are nerds on the internet losing to common ridicule.

Alright so tell me @gario of 36 years of age, what rights do you think women and minorities will lose first after filicide is abolished? I bet it’s the right to ask for no tomatoes on a burger. That’s always been a stickler for them.

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE RVW OPINION IS JUST A DRAFT AND FEDERAL TROOPS ARE OUTSIDE THE HOMES OF EACH AND EVERY SCOTUS JUSTICE TO PREVENT 30 y/o TERRORISTS FROM [redacted]

You come here disguised as someone without ideological affiliation who supposedly just wants to watch the world burn. And as someone who actually just wants to watch the world burn, I must say you're full of shit.

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

It's better to die together than to live alone.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 13:51:15

At 5/7/22 01:49 PM, DamnedByFate wrote: you're full of shit.

“Yes.”

iu_628893_7843618.jpg

hello

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 14:23:01 (edited 2022-05-07 14:30:32)

At 5/3/22 06:04 PM, Gario wrote:
At 5/3/22 04:13 PM, BrianEtrius wrote:
At 5/3/22 01:38 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: If Roe goes down Obergefell is probably not far behind. And we've only had a majority conservative SC for so little time. Things are looking pretty good lately!
Abortion aside, why do you want Obergefell to fall?
because fascists always have to have enemies to direct their efforts towards

if women lose their rights, homosexuals are next

if homosexuals lose their rights, black folk are on the table

after that, the jews

then the irish

then catholics

etc. etc.

eventually when there are no more enemies they will turn in on themselves, divide and conquer themselves, dissolving whatever society they were leading

this is the trajectory of fascism, you see; it is never enough for these fuckers to succeed, they are driven to oppress
This is actually what the slippery slope fallacy was meant to suppress: posts like this.

But the only thing “logical fallacies” have ever prevented are nerds on the internet losing to common ridicule.

Alright so tell me @gario of 36 years of age, what rights do you think women and minorities will lose first after filicide is abolished? I bet it’s the right to ask for no tomatoes on a burger. That’s always been a stickler for them.

DAILY REMINDER THAT THE RVW OPINION IS JUST A DRAFT AND FEDERAL TROOPS ARE OUTSIDE THE HOMES OF EACH AND EVERY SCOTUS JUSTICE TO PREVENT 30 y/o TERRORISTS FROM [redacted]

And you probably didn't think anything would happen after months of orange guy, and the right, claiming that the election was stolen - and probably still don't, because you think Jan 6th was just full of tourists at the capital who were unfairly treated. Meanwhile, you seem to be bitching about freedom of speech being under attack...

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 14:34:13

*pointless blather copy-pasted from yahoo*

and yet I’m not a mod.

Great website Tom!

hello

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 14:34:16

What the fuck is even going on in this thread anymore?

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 14:35:00

At 5/7/22 02:34 PM, DioShiba wrote: What the fuck is even going on in this thread anymore?

Most-wise @Gimmick requested this forum be closed and as you can see, pause for dramatic effect, he is wrong indeed!

hello

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 14:44:59

At 5/7/22 02:34 PM, DioShiba wrote: What the fuck is even going on in this thread anymore?

Bum is just trolling for attention, while downplaying the upending of Roe vs Wade.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 15:01:35

At 5/7/22 02:44 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Bum is just trolling for attention, while downplaying the upending of Roe vs Wade.

Honestly I can't even tell if he is trolling or not.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 15:04:47

At 5/7/22 03:01 PM, DioShiba wrote:

Could be drunk. At least, that is what Bum blames it on when he does this shit.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 15:54:18

At 5/7/22 03:04 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 5/7/22 03:01 PM, DioShiba wrote:
Could be drunk. At least, that is what Bum blames it on when he does this shit.

Does it really matter if he's drunk or not?

For all we know he could be high instead but that's not changing the fact this whole free speech thing is a tangent.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 18:50:59

At 5/7/22 11:30 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Never ceases to amaze me how huge numbers of people are strongly emotionally attached to industrial scale human slaughter.

Yeah we really need to outlaw pulling the plug on people.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 20:39:12

At 5/7/22 06:50 PM, TecNoir wrote:
At 5/7/22 11:30 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: Never ceases to amaze me how huge numbers of people are strongly emotionally attached to industrial scale human slaughter.

Agreed. We must do everything we can to preserve conservative voices in this forum.

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-07 21:57:36 (edited 2022-05-07 22:01:14)

Justice Clarence Thomas expressed worry over declining respect for institutions as he faces ethics concerns about his wife's political activism and GOP ties

Clarence Thomas is basically a rubber stamper for Republican causes for almost 30 years, and his wife has been behind the scenes in getting hyper partisan conservative activists lifetime positions in the courts on the federal level. I doubt very much that he can understand why respect for the Supreme court is declining.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 01:18:06

not really, but okay

Alright so tell me @gario of 36 years of age, what rights do you think women and minorities will lose first after filicide is abolished?

you're aware that abortion has been changed to a state-by-state based right, aren't you?

it's pretty easy to say "well what rights are they gonna lose after the ones that they already lost"

and to answer your question, marriage between women of the same sex and contraceptives are already being put on the table, so there's those

cool beans

i wonder what would happen if SCOTUS made changes to the decision past this point? people would accuse SCOTUS of bending to the people's will, which is a faux pa, so because of the leak there's little chance of change

some are speculating this was a leak by a right wing clerk because of this, but we'll see who did what

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 02:09:27

double post (my bad), but this was just brought to my attention

figured having conservative campaigning on making contraceptives illegal (including condoms, btw) is kind of illustrative of my point that this ruling opens the door to a whole lot of bad shit aside from abortion

i wonder how you'd protect against this if people like this get elected when there's no more precedent saying states can't get involved into people's personal lives

Need some music for a flash or game? Check it out. If none of this works send me a PM, I'm taking requests.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 05:44:44

If anything, we're not doing this often enough (if the current SCOTUS members are anything to go by).

Teacher, goth, communist, cynic, alcoholic, master swordsman, king of shitpoasts.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 07:18:23

I'm glad you made that comparison because, based on how people defend the practice, I do see these situations as somewhat analogous. People excuse murdering little ones because they will not be fully conscious of the act...as though the immorality of murder stems from their awareness of your engaging in it and not the life lost as a result. We also "pull the plug" on hopeless cases where survival isn't likely or possible and never in situations where the person is overwhelmingly likely to recover their senses, which is much closer to what awaiting birth amounts to. Really, if you spin this idea in your head a few ways and see how it works, you realize how monstrous it really is.

No pods, no casters

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 09:19:41

At 5/8/22 07:18 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
I'm glad you made that comparison because, based on how people defend the practice, I do see these situations as somewhat analogous. People excuse murdering little ones because they will not be fully conscious of the act...as though the immorality of murder stems from their awareness of your engaging in it and not the life lost as a result.

Since your argument is heading into the realms of baby murder (which I doubt most participants in this thread desire), how many weeks from conception do you consider a life has started?

For example, I would consider it to be when the baby’s heartbeat has started.

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 10:07:12

I'm glad you made that comparison because, based on how people defend the practice, I do see these situations as somewhat analogous. People excuse murdering little ones because they will not be fully conscious of the act...as though the immorality of murder stems from their awareness of your engaging in it and not the life lost as a result. We also "pull the plug" on hopeless cases where survival isn't likely or possible and never in situations where the person is overwhelmingly likely to recover their senses, which is much closer to what awaiting birth amounts to. Really, if you spin this idea in your head a few ways and see how it works, you realize how monstrous it really is.

We have to generally do away with the idea that life must be saved at all costs.

Sig by Decky

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 13:06:16

At 5/8/22 09:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
I'm glad you made that comparison because, based on how people defend the practice, I do see these situations as somewhat analogous. People excuse murdering little ones because they will not be fully conscious of the act...as though the immorality of murder stems from their awareness of your engaging in it and not the life lost as a result.
Since your argument is heading into the realms of baby murder (which I doubt most participants in this thread desire), how many weeks from conception do you consider a life has started?

‘Heartbeat bills’: Is there a fetal heartbeat at six weeks of pregnancy?

But according to experts, the term “fetal heartbeat” is misleading and medically inaccurate.

“While the heart does begin to develop at around six weeks, at this point the heart as we know it does not yet exist,” said Dr. Ian Fraser Golding, a pediatric and fetal cardiologist at Rady Children’s Hospital San Diego.

Instead, at six weeks, the embryo will develop a tube that generates sporadic electrical impulses that eventually coordinate into rhythmic pulses, he said. (Six weeks of pregnancy is closer to four weeks of actual development, because pregnancy is measured from the first day of a woman’s last period, before she is actually pregnant.)

Personally, I don't, for a second, believe that GDS really cares about abortions, given his history of gaslighting terrible things while going after less. He's just playing for his political team like a fan, and mindlessly supporting them - as usual.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 13:46:21

I respect the fact that you want to bring the topic back to the most important point, which is where human life actually begins.

I basically take this stance.

Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception (princeton.edu)

No pods, no casters

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 14:36:13

At 5/8/22 01:46 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:

I respect the fact that you want to bring the topic back to the most important point, which is where human life actually begins.

You are talking about something that even scientists can't agree on. And at the end of the day, It's just philosophical, as you devour other living things, like plants and animals, to keep your cells alive to sustain your life, but you certainly don't think of it as murder.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 14:38:05 (edited 2022-05-08 14:38:58)

At 5/8/22 09:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Since your argument is heading into the realms of baby murder (which I doubt most participants in this thread desire), how many weeks from conception do you consider a life has started?

You could just say “life begins at fertilisation”; it’s your opinion. Posting a bunch of references neither you nor I can access is unnecessary.

By the looks of these titles, they just elaborate on the fertilisation process rather than anything else.

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 14:40:57

At 5/8/22 02:36 PM, EdyKel wrote:
: At 5/8/22 01:46 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
: : At 5/8/22 09:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
: : : At 5/8/22 07:18 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
: : : : At 5/7/22 06:50 PM, TecNoir wrote:
: : : : : At 5/7/22 11:30 AM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
: : : : : : Never ceases to amaze me how huge numbers of people are strongly emotionally attached to industrial scale human slaughter.
: : : : :
: : : : : Yeah we really need to outlaw pulling the plug on people.
: : : :
: : : : I'm glad you made that comparison because, based on how people defend the practice, I do see these situations as somewhat analogous. People excuse murdering little ones because they will not be fully conscious of the act...as though the immorality of murder stems from their awareness of your engaging in it and not the life lost as a result.
: : : Since your argument is heading into the realms of baby murder (which I doubt most participants in this thread desire), how many weeks from conception do you consider a life has started?
: : :
: : : For example, I would consider it to be when the baby’s heartbeat has started.
: :
: : I respect the fact that you want to bring the topic back to the most important point, which is where human life actually begins.
: : I basically take this stance.
: : Life Begins at Fertilization with the Embryo's Conception (princeton.edu)
:
: You are talking about something that even scientists can't agree on. And at the end of the day, It's just philosophical

No, it's pretty clearly a black and white scientific matter, as are all biological questions. Unless you believe in some metaphysical religious stuff, but that is a whole other topic, and we all know the religious are some of the primary drivers of the pro life side of things as is. The science being in their favor is just a plus.

as you devour other living things, like plants and animals, to keep your cells alive to sustain your life, but you certainly don't think of it as murder.

Are you eating babies to survive? I thought that was just a meme. We typically put moral categories on how we take life to survive and, ideally, do not do so needlessly, cruelly, and never on members of our own species. To the extent that we do not, that is our failing and we should seek to change it.

No pods, no casters

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 14:44:54

At 5/8/22 02:38 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 5/8/22 09:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Since your argument is heading into the realms of baby murder (which I doubt most participants in this thread desire), how many weeks from conception do you consider a life has started?

You could just say “life begins at fertilisation”; it’s your opinion. Posting a bunch of references neither you nor I can access is unnecessary.

By the looks of these titles, they just elaborate on the fertilisation process rather than anything else.

People complain if I use references, complain if I don't. I guess you just can't please everyone!

No pods, no casters

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 15:09:21 (edited 2022-05-08 15:09:40)

At 5/8/22 02:40 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
No, it's pretty clearly a black and white scientific matter, as are all biological questions. Unless you believe in some metaphysical religious stuff, but that is a whole other topic, and we all know the religious are some of the primary drivers of the pro life side of things as is. The science being in their favor is just a plus.

It's far from being black and white. It's why definitions for "life" very widely, with some injecting "metaphysical religious stuff" to further define it.

Are you eating babies to survive? I thought that was just a meme. We typically put moral categories on how we take life to survive and, ideally, do not do so needlessly, cruelly, and never on members of our own species. To the extent that we do not, that is our failing and we should seek to change it.

Again, your using "life" broadly, without any understanding, and you are just describing any animal or plant with it. So, by your own definition of it, you are a murderer.

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 15:53:34

At 5/8/22 02:44 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
At 5/8/22 01:46 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: I basically take this stance.

People complain if I use references, complain if I don't. I guess you just can't please everyone!

These references are useless - you haven’t read them, nor can anyone read them.

Was this intentional?

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 15:57:34

At 5/8/22 03:53 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 5/8/22 02:44 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
At 5/8/22 01:46 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote: I basically take this stance.

These references are useless - you haven’t read them, nor can anyone read them.

Was this intentional?

Speak for yourself lol. My position has been settled on this long ago, this is a topic I went into years ago and I found all the information I needed.

No pods, no casters

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 16:02:54 (edited 2022-05-08 16:03:11)

At 5/8/22 03:57 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
At 5/8/22 03:53 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: These references are useless - you haven’t read them, nor can anyone read them.

Was this intentional?
Speak for yourself lol. My position has been settled on this long ago, this is a topic I went into years ago and I found all the information I needed.

I’ve just realised all you’ve done is Googled “life begins at fertilization” and dumped the top link.

BBS Signature

Response to Roe vs. Wade 2022-05-08 16:24:38

At 5/8/22 02:40 PM, GenericDungeonSlime wrote:
No, it's pretty clearly a black and white scientific matter, as are all biological questions.

lmao

Anyways, lawmakers who subscribe to life beginning at the zygote will absolutely start pushing for regulation against certain contraceptives. And you can rest assured that their arguments will be just as paper-thin in substance as the post above.

BBS Signature